OOS MOGA

qclabrat

I have my own. I have a Advanced Element"convertible" inflatable kayak. Have had it for prob 10 years or so and it's a great lil kayak. Super stable, well built and easy to paddle as a single or double
I looked in to one of them years ago when I traveled more and was looking for things to do in the weekends. Main concern was durability and time to pack in a suitcase. Though now with the weight restrictions not sure worth it. Do you keep it inflated? Hmmm, come to think of incognito water vessel not a bad idea...

qclabrat

Gonna be close, game time decision
View attachment 96142
Pouring on the Watchung Mts
Guess no CR ride tomorrow, will do an early morning roadie.
Screenshot_20190526-171019.png

Last edited:

Danimal

I looked in to one of them years ago when I traveled more and was looking for things to do in the weekends. Main concern was durability and time to pack in a suitcase. Though now with the weight restrictions not sure worth it. Do you keep it inflated? Hmmm, come to think of incognito water vessel not a bad idea...
I deflate when I pull it out of the water. That was the reason I bought it. I dont have room for a 15-16' hard kayak and being able to stuff it in a bag made a lot of sense. I have no concerns about durability at all. It's made from some pretty thick material and barely shows any signs of wear from years of use. It's also nice because they make extra braces, splash guards and other accessories for it. It's a bit pricey though. And set up and tear down is really easy and only takes a few minutes

TimBay

Clipless fail... OTB... mechanical... Poison ivy.... good times! No pics!

Thanks for the tour @TimBay
Thanks for the bag of rad stuff. Thanks everyone for comong out. Amd thanks @jklett for helping me fix my bike.

My massively powerful strength (not at all my weight or the fact that I didn't use long enough bolts) shredded the threaded, built in spacer of my chainring. Someday id like to go at least a few weeks without a mechanical.

serviceguy

Awesome! Super relaxing place and they rent stand up paddle boards. Do I smell a oos@sea event???
I would be down for it, kayaking is a sport I sucked at many years ago, just like mountain biking...as soon as I learned not to paddle in a circle I gave up. At least I didn't get to the phase where I spend a ton of money and then drop it because not enough time or some other excuse like that...you know, like mountain biking!

Danimal

I would be down for it, kayaking is a sport I sucked at many years ago, just like mountain biking...as soon as I learned not to paddle in a circle I gave up. At least I didn't get to the phase where I spend a ton of money and then drop it because not enough time or some other excuse like that...you know, like mountain biking!
Cool! Next week or so we can plan something. Monksville is easy paddling with minimal current. This is the rental place right on the water https://flatwaterpaddle.co/

serviceguy

Cool! Next week or so we can plan something. Monksville is easy paddling with minimal current. This is the rental place right on the water https://flatwaterpaddle.co/
Next Saturday we're at 6 mile volunteering for NICA. Maybe if the wife feels like it we could do Sunday, or the week after. She wanted to try kayaking as our house is about 200 yards from Cupsaw lake, so it could be a strong maybe.

Paul H

Fearless OOS Poser
Thanks for the bag of rad stuff. Thanks everyone for comong out. Amd thanks @jklett for helping me fix my bike.

My massively powerful strength (not at all my weight or the fact that I didn't use long enough bolts) shredded the threaded, built in spacer of my chainring. Someday id like to go at least a few weeks without a mechanical.
Me too Tax... me too

Top Bottom