OOS MOGA

Mathers

Beer is my other hobby we have a black IPA that should be ready soon as well as a green tea lemon grass and ginger pale ale that is conditioning. If they are ready and I know your coming I will try to bring one of them that is assuming you drink beer.
You’re brewing beer?

qclabrat

I’ve been brewing for a while, I do it with my brothers, at one point we looked at space but we decided not too we aren’t ready
scaling up is a huge jump, do you have SS vats or using carboys?
Problem with the new IPAs are that they take a while to brew, which is why lots of new breweries with limited equipment only do lighter beers. Pricing 2-3 lines gets ridiculouslyexpensive when trying to do it as a business. I've considered getting something small, and you can buy used pharma pilot plant equipment for reasonable prices and it will be a much higher quality than the prosumer stuff online.

BPaze

scaling up is a huge jump, do you have SS vats or using carboys?
Problem with the new IPAs are that they take a while to brew, which is why lots of new breweries with limited equipment only do lighter beers. Pricing 2-3 lines gets ridiculouslyexpensive when trying to do it as a business. I've considered getting something small, and you can buy used pharma pilot plant equipment for reasonable prices and it will be a much higher quality than the prosumer stuff online.
Just for the equipment and a small setup, I priced out about $250k for a multi-barrel line and something we might more realistically do it was about $500k. I also spoke with Bolero Snort about their model, it does not allow them to have a brewery or tasting room, but they are able to produce beers and get them to market. We need to perfect a bunch of recipes first though if we decide we are going to do this which we are not there yet.

qclabrat

3M helitape
Anyone using to protect frames and rub areas?
There's one at about a half millimeter, but I also see a bunch of bike specific tapes at about half the thickness like Inivisiframe.
Also there's automotive bra tape which looks comparable to inivisframe.

serviceguy

3M helitape
There's one at about a half millimeter, but I also see a bunch of bike specific tapes at about half the thickness like Inivisiframe.

I have Helitape but never really used it. I'm going to buy invisaframe fro the Fug (which is an overkill since the frame is already an invisible frame).

Paul H

Fearless OOS Poser
3M helitape
Downtube is usually protected... I just buy matchy electrical tape from HD and made the cables LONG on the RDO

A Potted Plant

Honorary Sod
3M helitape

Heat the housing to lock it into shape

shrpshtr325

Infinite Source of Sarcasm
Team MTBNJ Halter's
i stuck some 3m paint protective stuff on the seat/chainstays of my bikes due to some heel rub issues, i think it was 2in wide and i just cut it as needed to fit . . . seems to be holsing up well (700 miles on one bike, 300ish on the other)

serviceguy

Heat the housing to lock it into shape

No, you heat it up if you want it to burn it off an blister, then crack and fall off. Not the same thing, spring chicken. If you want to lock it in place you need to slide some shrink wrap and then heat it up with a heat gun, that will lock it in place, as the shrink wrap is designed to harden (and shrink) when heated.

Don't spread misinformation. I am still waiting to see the video of you standing on the chair your repaired with glue. Is it coming any time soon?

serviceguy

which material? Bra Tape?

This also looks easy to apply and probably enough for two bikes
https://www.jensonusa.com/Lizard-Sk...MIo8Tw5ZTV4QIVUFcMCh3yRgqUEAQYBSABEgJ0O_D_BwE

another interesting one, but only an inch wide
https://esigrips.com/silicone-tape/silicone-tape

I would pay a premium for pre-cut only if it's specific for my bike, but for some generic pre-cut? I don't think it's worth the money any more than regular helitape that you cut exactly to the measure you want. That's my opinion.

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
I would pay a premium for pre-cut only if it's specific for my bike, but for some generic pre-cut? I don't think it's worth the money any more than regular helitape that you cut exactly to the measure you want. That's my opinion.
I have one of the pre-cut jams on my downtube if my mtb only. The thickness may be worth it for a carbon frame.

Outside of that, I bought some generic helitape from amazon that came in a package with a bunch of chinese on it. It works perfectly for housing / cable rub areas.

Mathers

3M helitape
I use the AMS decals

Top Bottom