A Potted Plant

Honorary Sod

Attachments

• IMG_20190314_220906528.jpg
    IMG_20190314_220906528.jpg
    132.3 KB · Views: 57

Victor I

aka Ridgehog
Kept it local to cush. Dropped into rv just to get to the connector for the ridge trail from red.

Will need to decide on looping the res or out and back. Can always use the campground road to take out some of the suck. Just not puke!
How long a climb is puke hill?

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
How long a climb is puke hill?

1/2 mile, 200' of climbing, some loose rock, it comes after a mile of climbing with 300' gained.
we may or may not do this. most likely we will go down it tho!

RV can be done as a loop - https://www.strava.com/activities/1147024533 - which has a couple miles of road.
or some sort of out-and-back. There is a campground road which short-circuits the climbs, and can be accessed in
multiple places as a bail-out.

looking at the ride above - hitting the 4.8 mile mark and turning around is popular - but this misses the switchback climb,
and puke hill (DH). both are brutal and fun in a sadistic kinda way (turning around at the 7 mile mark)

looping the res means missing the ridge trail in cush - which has some cool tech - intimidating looking but very doable. go-pro worthy.

it's gunna hurt so good!

Last edited:

A Potted Plant

Honorary Sod
Kept it local to cush. Dropped into rv just to get to the connector for the ridge trail from red.

Will need to decide on looping the res or out and back. Can always use the campground road to take out some of the suck. Just not puke!

Wait you're coming?

thats what she said

qclabrat

C'mon down, it'll be fun! I'm still in one piece and can't wait to get back there!
You couldn't have a better guide, my route is the pretty standard out and back including getting lost around the chain link fence. Painful in both directions. For some reason Pat's routes seem so much more interesting

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
How long you guys looking to ride and can we be moving at 9?

2-3 hours ? back takes the same amount of time as out, so easy enough just to turn around, or complete the loop.

If I join, I am putting pruners in my pack to cut back that thorny section where you have two options: 1) get snagged by the thorns, or 2) slide down the muck. It's not the end of the world, but every time I hit it, I think about how I need to remember my pruners!!

i think we pruned it at the end of last year - hasn't started growing yet.

Will you be grilling after?

getting close to grilling weather. very close. if we do another rv day and it is a little dryer/warmer, we can go out of the main lot, and use the facilities.

Top Bottom