OOS MOGA

qclabrat

Kids growing like bamboo, finished a her bike for one of them. Next is the Niner with parts stripped from the Rallon
IMG_20190322_222336.jpg

BPaze

Bike build fail... I went to strip down the Kona and start to transfer parts and setting up the wheels only to realize I have 2 front brake adapters and no rear. Not sure if I screwed up(most likely) or they shipped the wrong stuff(story I am sticking to) but now I have to figure that out and get the right parts.

I did get brakes on the fatty and I just need to trim the dropper cable and finish the routing and then I just need to put the drive train on would have been done tonight if it wasn’t for them sending me the wrong part!

By done I mean 2 bikes that shifted like shit and are barely rideable!!

Victor I

aka Ridgehog
Bike build fail... I went to strip down the Kona and start to transfer parts and setting up the wheels only to realize I have 2 front brake adapters and no rear. Not sure if I screwed up(most likely) or they shipped the wrong stuff(story I am sticking to) but now I have to figure that out and get the right parts.

I did get brakes on the fatty and I just need to trim the dropper cable and finish the routing and then I just need to put the drive train on would have been done tonight if it wasn’t for them sending me the wrong part!

You’ve never had rear brakes since I’ve known you so why is there an issue now:)

A Potted Plant

Honorary Sod

If you don't mind my dick beaters getting on your bikes feel free to lmk when I'm down to help I need to buy a few more jack stands from hf so I'll do it at the same time or you come up here.

BPaze

If you don't mind my dick beaters getting on your bikes feel free to lmk when I'm down to help I need to buy a few more jack stands from hf so I'll do it at the same time or you come up here.
I was planning on f’n it up first then hitting you up for help after lol, I gotta learn how to do this shit at some point. if I can get the brake adapter or I find the right one in my pile of parts because I was sure I had it I will come by you one night this week. I don’t want to mess with it tomorrow because I really want to ride Sunday. I also really wanted to bring out the fattie because she is coming together nicely but I need the 11 speed off the Kona.

A Potted Plant

Honorary Sod
I was planning on f’n it up first then hitting you up for help after lol, I gotta learn how to do this shit at some point. if I can get the brake adapter or I find the right one in my pile of parts because I was sure I had it I will come by you one night this week. I don’t want to mess with it tomorrow because I really want to ride Sunday. I also really wanted to bring out the fattie because she is coming together nicely but I need the 11 speed off the Kona.
Lmk if you need any tools

BPaze

Ok so I went through my orders and it was Merlin when I got my brakes, they had a choice of F and F\R and nothing else so I assumed the F\R would actually work for rear, but I guess it gave them the option of sending me front or rear and they sent 2 front.... WTF.

Yea def my bad, so will check local shops tomorrow and if they don't have it, just order it up.

I may be the biggest schmuck when it comes to mechanical work

Paul H

Fearless OOS Poser
Ok so I went through my orders and it was Merlin when I got my brakes, they had a choice of F and F\R and nothing else so I assumed the F\R would actually work for rear, but I guess it gave them the option of sending me front or rear and they sent 2 front.... WTF.

Yea def my bad, so will check local shops tomorrow and if they don't have it, just order it up.

What size rotor on the rear?
I might have one for 160

qclabrat

Put up a pic of what you need, might have an adapter. Also sometimes can make it work with the right amount of spacers and bolt

BPaze

I think I have more than one 203 adapters is it post to post or iso to post? You went 203 in the rear as well? Bold move!
20190323_092658.jpg

Whatever that is I can't remember. I had 203 rotors sitting around and was planning on bringing it to creek this year so figured why not plus adapters are cheaper than rotors

Need to know what the frame is designed for, typically 160 or 180. I've had luck flipping and using spacers to get adapters to work
Frame had 160.

Top Bottom