OOS MOGA

Reggie

Formerly ReggieHammond
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Allamuchy North? A big maybe. Stephen's and Deer Park = doubtful.

I just hiked KVSP and it was a mess. In full disclosure, this park doesn't drain as well as Mooch or Stephen's. That being said, I doubt any of the aforementioned parks will be good to ride next weekend even with no rainfall.

Just saw some Intel from a reliable source that Mooch North should be good for next weekend if weather holds out.

A Potted Plant

Honorary Sod
My wife is getting called into work I'm most likely out tomorrow

@BPaze lmk if you want to ride local once my wife wakes up after she gets home I'm going to try to get some trail time

Paul H

Fearless OOS Poser
Oh yeah, shifting with the ring finger sucks. Used HD work gloves and work surprisingly well, the fit over the splint and kept my piggies warms, so was a win in my book
Would imagine it would be easier on a mtb set up. Thumbs for shifting and birdie finger for braking.

Last edited:

BPaze

My wife is getting called into work I'm most likely out tomorrow

@BPaze lmk if you want to ride local once my wife wakes up after she gets home I'm going to try to get some trail time
I have to run to Home Depot and wegmans before wife goes to work wish I could get out. Next Sunday I am hoping to finally go for a ride so hopefully weather helps me

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
All systems were go for a 9am start!
Nice 11 person groupie with a good skill range -

@jklett @ridgehog @mtbiker87 @thegock @Mare45 @scotth @Glenn Rides After 4 PM CST
@Mathers @M3Tim @Po123 and i'm so juiced, i forgot to close my car door. Thanks @Po123 ...

So we cruised out of the Cush lot, and rolled across lower yellow and started climbing white.
Made our first regroup at the turn for middle yellow, and damn. Thought we had everyone.
took-off for the turn to blue. As the group arrived, the count came up a couple short.
After a few minutes i went back through, and had to call @jklett to find out what happened to
him and @mtbiker87 .
Apparently, with 11 people on the ride, i ran out of fingers, and left them on their own.
So their pain starts - they climbed straight up white to the top. Sorry fellas.

We rendezvous at the saddle, and prepare for the first "fun" part - Reverse Red. It is cool
to be on a trail that is 100+ years old. rolling along, with a little up, but mostly down.
fast forward up/down/up/down/up/down/up/down. We hit the south side of the BSA Camp,
and the call was made to turn around. purdy much the same in reverse.

We did hit the white ridge trail - and agreed that the connector needs a B line to avoid that climbing rock garden.
Once up top, we rolled through the tech, and back down to the lot. the front of the train put up some top 10
segment times - so they were ripping.

Back to the lot for some muffins - wow, they were good. Thanks @Mare45 ....

Looking forward to making another ride in April.

Someone post the group pic.

We took up most of the parking lot.

IMG_3128.JPG
IMG_3124.JPG
IMG_3125.JPG
IMG_3127.JPG
IMG_3120.JPG
IMG_3121.JPG
IMG_3123.JPG
IMG_3122.JPG

Last edited:

Paul H

Fearless OOS Poser
All systems were go for a 9am start!
Nice 11 person groupie with a good skill range -

@jklett @ridgehog @thegock @Mare45 @scotth @Glenn Rides After 4 PM CST
@Mathers @M3Tim @Po123 and @Arnold (help me here, i'm not connecting the mtbnj name)

i'm so juiced, i forgot to close my car door. Thanks @Po123 ...

So we cruised out of the Cush lot, and rolled across lower yellow and started climbing white.
Made our first regroup at the turn for middle yellow, and damn. Thought we had everyone.
took-off for the turn to blue. As everyone arrived, the count came up a couple short.
After a few minutes i went back through, and had to call @jklett to find out what happened to
him and @Arnold.
Apparently, with 11 people on the ride, i ran out of fingers, and left them on their own.
So their pain starts - they climbed straight up white to the top. Sorry fellas.

We rendezvous at the saddle, and prepare for the first "fun" part - Reverse Red. It is cool
to be on a trail that is 100+ years old. rolling along, with a little up, but mostly down.
fast forward up/down/up/down/up/down/up/down. We hit the south side of the BSA Camp,
and the call was made to turn around. purdy much the same in reverse.

We did hit the white ridge trail - and agreed that the connector needs a B line to avoid that climbing rock garden.
Once up top, we rolled through the tech, and back down to the lot. the front of the train put up some top 10
segment times - so they were ripping.

Back to the lot for some muffins - wow, they were good. Thanks @Mare45 ....

Looking forward to making another ride in April.

Someone post the group pic.

We took up most of the parking lot.

View attachment 90403View attachment 90404View attachment 90405View attachment 90406View attachment 90407View attachment 90408View attachment 90409View attachment 90410
Arnold

Top Bottom