OOS MOGA

Kangdoy

This weekend rides. Let me know who is in
Also, @BPaze wanted to hit Waway. Post up if any interest.

Oct 13- Chimney Rock 7AM w/ @@qclabrat
40.594883,-74.561344 Chimney Rock Road Lot The generic middle. Great spot to park if you want to hit every trail. Not much to see on this side.

Not much to see? That's because you haven't been on yellow/lower orange and the switchback climb yet...! :p

oobaa47

What happened to the "OOS RIdes info" message chain? Was that idea abandoned?

I plan on hitting Sterling sometime in the next 3 days. I don't think I can make those further away OOS rides.

Juggernaut

Master of the Metaphor
How did you do?
1370E332-265B-4A24-91DD-E535AB72478E.jpeg

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
the 4 parker includes about 10 miles of rail trail in the first 17. the other 7 are not too bad in kvsp.
the long ride down into mooch is not too bad either.

Juggernaut

Master of the Metaphor
This weekend rides. Let me know who is in
Also, @BPaze wanted to hit Waway. Post up if any interest.

Oct 13- Chimney Rock 7AM w/ @@qclabrat
40.594883,-74.561344 Chimney Rock Road Lot The generic middle. Great spot to park if you want to hit every trail. Not much to see on this side. Directions
jklett

Oct 14- Lewis Morris 8AM Sunrise Lot w/ @@arangov3
40.791978,-74.532231 Park Entrance This is the actual park entrance. From here, go up to the Sunrise Lake parking area. Directions
Mtbdog
Paul H
Mathers
serviceguy
rxpxskier
GreenMachine

Care to join in on one of OOS rides this weekend?
@huffster
@ridgehog
@Juggernaut
@Kangdoy
@Mr.Moto
@mtbiker87
@oobaa47
@TNR25
@MParkGT
@Dajerseyrat

My son Andrew is coming up from college for fall break tonight and I’m driving him back Sunday so my only shot is early Saturday morning..... it’ll be a game time decision but I’m hoping to make the CR ride.

Paul H

Fearless OOS Poser
My son Andrew is coming up from college for fall break tonight and I’m driving him back Sunday so my only shot is early Saturday morning..... it’ll be a game time decision but I’m hoping to make the CR ride.
Make sure you rep the OOS and wear the jersey when you drive your son to school :)

Reggie

Formerly ReggieHammond
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I will have to double check schedule, but Saturday is better than Sunday and it would be most likely between 10-1 start time depending on babysitting.

Keep us posted as I might be able to join the WayWay ride on Saturday.

We could do deer Park on Sunday if people really want an alternative to lewmo

Sorry I'm not around to be a tour guide, but Deer Park is pretty easy to navigate.

Paul H

Fearless OOS Poser
About a year into riding, Liong said this to me. At this point, I was doing 30-40 mile road rides here and there.
Sure you can... it's very easy. Here's the tricks. Instead of focusing or thinking numbers.you just focus on the Destination. Let's say...we go to coney island or flushing or anywhere you're likely to go.
So..your goal is to reach your destination
Don't matter how long it is going to take.
But..think about getting there.but..of course within radius 100 miles or one day duration.
And don't think about getting back just yet.i do this all the time.
I will ride my MTB and you can ride your skinny wheell.
10 days later, we did a 100 mile ride to Coney Island and back. I didn't think I would be able to sit again,

BPaze

About a year into riding, Liong said this to me. At this point, I was doing 30-40 mile road rides here and there.

10 days later, we did a 100 mile ride to Coney Island and back. I didn't think I would be able to sit again,

I think that is an awesome way to view it, I say we find a weekend where we can all dedicate the full day and do an epic 20+ mile ride at mooches or ramapo through sterling something like that. Our asses might hate us but the memories will last until we get old and senile

qclabrat

Maybe not tame more bleh. It isn’t too bad and not sure why I dislike it so much I do have fun every time I go just have more fun at other parks
The key is doing the right loops, otherwise it feels like you're always climbing. Yeah LewMo doesn't get points in flow but it's still one of great parks to practice going fast.

Paul H

Fearless OOS Poser
Ah... memories.... this was my first ride with @qclabrat

Is it the type of bike you ride or the environment you ride in... or is it the people you ride with?
Roadie prick? Rode thru every freakin red light and basically owned the road in certain parts. The weird part is, not once did we get honked at... at least I don't think. I guess that just means we were being a bunch of SAFE roadie pricks? lol And I am really starting like riding with others as one thing is certain.. I don't have to worry about my bike getting stolen on those coffee breaks... mine is the cheapest one! Sad but true.

This particular ride was the best and the worst so far. Great bunch of folks and the ride itself was fun but worst in the sense that overall, this ride was harder than anything else I have done so far particularly due to the fact that my fitness wasn't up to my usual par since I started real riding. Came out to be 87 miles but it was tougher than the century ride. My left thigh started cramping up on the bridge coming from Randalls Island back into the city. Thank God for @1sh0t1b33r for giving me one of his gels which seems to have helped for a bit. Then a few later, my right thigh started cramping too on the greenway on the west side. Ate a half of a bagel sandwich leftover from breakfast and a banana but any resemblance of a hill.... the cramps came back and had to dial things down substantially. Felt bad for @liong71er as he dressed a bit on the light side and had to crank things up to battle the cold but this wasn't to be. I am sure he dressed appropriately for his style of riding in this weather but he miscalculated.... he was ride with a NOOB! Let this be a learning lesson for him when riding with a noob! lol Once we got back to NJ, ate some food and back on the road. The cramping on the thighs disappeared but cramps started in the calves. WTF... Just can't win! Then about 45min or so... snow... just light dusting but then started coming down at Saddle River when I still had an hr left on the ride. Took things nice and slow... and slowly but surely I was on schedule to get home b4 dark. Last climb at WP faithfully known as the Pompton Rd Climb on strava, cramp on my right calf came back with a vengeance. No choice... got off the bike and walked up the climb for about a mile. The last leg back home was all down hill but this too wasn't going to be easy. With the snow, it was slippery as heck and visibility wasn't all that great. I was on the brakes the entire ride down and thank the heavens that there were no cramping on my hands or I might have ended up as road kill. Soon enough I see my garage and about 2 feet from it... cramp! Almost fell when trying to get off the bike. JUST CAN'T WIN....

Oh... last note for this ride... I was a freakin open faucet on this ride. Had 3 cups of coffee as I only got 3 and a half hrs of sleep the night b4 and drank 2 liters of water during the ride and whenever I saw a porta john... ironically it was like seeing oasis. Should have worn a diaper instead of the padded shorts. Could have killed 2 birds with 1 stone. lol

https://www.strava.com/activities/472720850

huffster

There are some nice trails at Camp Orange but you definitely need a guide cause not a damn thing is marked. I’m pretty familiar with the place and now only get temporarily lost at times.
Your best bet is Stewart SP
Bigger and more mileage and better trails system

Here you’ll need guide or just explore like me

I will suggest go drive farther to Elmridge trail or escarpment trail in wind ham and that’s I guarantee worth you while

Top Bottom