OOS MOGA

Off The Road Again

Am I crazy for thinking this is doable? I sure Frank, Victor, Kevin and Walter can pull it off but even the rest of us. Maybe not in 7hrs but 10?
Easily doable in 7, if not less. We rode rode rode, waited waited waited, and waited, and repeat.... The trails selected for route were not difficult, bypassed Lumpy, Rollie, Candy Ass (thank God). Rogue was hardest, but too much waiting. Me and my bro split and still hit Stephens at 7:35 with 44m. Easily done under 7 but for the stoppage.

Mathers

Absolutely. We would shorten the loops in each park OR just focus on a typical triple of Deer Park, Stephens, and Allamuchy. That being said, having a quad park ride under one's belt is pretty cool and allows me to have a few tasty beers afterwards.....guilt free.

Edit: I would supply water in designated spots at each park. Food is difficult as the animals will scoop it up quickly, so everyone is on there own. My nutrition consisted of Shot Blocks and cliff bars. Again, I am not even close to the shape I was back in '16 as 95% of my MTB rides were on a rigid SS back then.

Let me know if there is any interest......
I’m down for this !

Mathers

So is it Lewis Morris this Sunday still.
I’m handing to Andover after the ride so just trying to plan that out.
Thanks

Kangdoy

Awesome write up Kevin, I love these kinds of posts. Most of use have written a short bio of ourselves somewhere here and it might be a good idea to spotlight a group member each week. Anyone want to be next for next week? Nothing epic just how you got into mtbing and anything else you want to share. Again great post Kevin, we'll need to hear more about the Summer of '69 or '10 in your case.

Thanks Walt! Truly greatful to meet you and the OOS guys. It's another reason why I switched to mtb. The mtb community we have here is tight. I'll meet one person for the first time on a ride and by the end of the ride we're family. I've met some great people in the past year. Alright, no more sappy stuff...The moving to NJ with the bandmates story is kind of a sad one haha! But yeah, I'll tell it to you guys someday.

Paul H

Fearless OOS Poser
This weekend rides. Let us know who is in
Also, @BPaze wanted to hit Waway. Post up if any interest.

Oct 13- Chimney Rock 7AM w/ @@qclabrat Sorry folks... this ride is cancelled due to unfavorable trail conditions
40.594883,-74.561344 Chimney Rock Road Lot The generic middle. Great spot to park if you want to hit every trail. Directions
jklett
Juggernaut

Oct 14- Lewis Morris 8AM Sunrise Lot w/ @@arangov3
40.791978,-74.532231 Park Entrance This is the actual park entrance. From here, go up to the Sunrise Lake parking area. Directions
Mtbdog
Paul H
Mathers
serviceguy
rxpxskier
GreenMachine

Care to join in on one of OOS rides this weekend?
@huffster
@ridgehog
@Kangdoy
@Mr.Moto
@mtbiker87
@oobaa47
@TNR25
@MParkGT
@Dajerseyrat

Last edited:

A Potted Plant

Honorary Sod
This weekend rides. Let me know who is in
Also, @BPaze wanted to hit Waway. Post up if any interest.

Oct 13- Chimney Rock 7AM w/ @@qclabrat
40.594883,-74.561344 Chimney Rock Road Lot The generic middle. Great spot to park if you want to hit every trail. Not much to see on this side. Directions

Oct 14- Lewis Morris 8AM Sunrise Lot w/ @@arangov3
40.791978,-74.532231 Park Entrance This is the actual park entrance. From here, go up to the Sunrise Lake parking area. Directions
8am bitches!!!!
Preride if anyone wants we'll do a few rounds

Top Bottom