OOS MOGA

Paul H

Fearless OOS Poser
@Patrick KBBQ
BTW... USUALLY.... you should get a bunch of complimentary side dishes.... these are free and refill should be free as well. However, some of the more seasonal and/or "expensive" sides are 1x only.
Rice should also be free but usually they don't automatically serve and should be requested if desired.

I have known couple of KBBQ restaurants duping non-Koreans and charge for these. I hope this is not one of those places.

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
@Patrick KBBQ
BTW... USUALLY.... you should get a bunch of complimentary side dishes.... these are free and refill should be free as well. However, some of the more seasonal and/or "expensive" sides are 1x only.
Rice should also be free but usually they don't automatically serve and should be requested if desired.

I have known couple of KBBQ restaurants duping non-Koreans and charge for these. I hope this is not one of those places.

i'm hoping there is a reason my niece (red hair, pale complexion) picked this place (ie, she has a Korean friend that turned her on to this while away at college
who will be meeting us)

Last edited:

Paul H

Fearless OOS Poser
i'm hoping there is a reason my niece (red hair, pale complexion) picked this place (ie, she has a Korean friend that turned her on to this while away at college
who will me meeting us)
Repeat after me
ee guh duh joo seh yo (give me more of this please)
Say this is and point to the dish you want refill on.... hopefully its not total empty lol

A Potted Plant

Honorary Sod
@Fire Marshal Max you alive trying to see when you’re around I have car and bike projects may need your assistance

Text me I've been focusing on other things and haven't had consistent time to goof off. It's so bad I don't bring my phone to the bathroom so that I'm in and out, I believe another promotion is coming my way as I've been directed to clean up my mop and dress nice because I'm expecting an impromptu meeting so I bought a belt and my shoes no longer have Velcro.

BPaze

Text me I've been focusing on other things and haven't had consistent time to goof off. It's so bad I don't bring my phone to the bathroom so that I'm in and out, I believe another promotion is coming my way as I've been directed to clean up my mop and dress nice because I'm expecting an impromptu meeting so I bought a belt and my shoes no longer have Velcro.
Ok I will shoot you a text if you need help cleaning up let me know lol.

qclabrat

who will be meeting us)
I'm there often. Solid choice. Edison, old post road right?
How was it?

Patrick

Staff member
k-bbq fail
i should have taken a course - didn't know what was a side, app, main course, or how to eat anything.
need a lesson (hint)

on the other hand, it was excellent. i had the spicy shredded beef/pork soup with udon.
the warm kimchi with tofu was excellent. grabbed some grilled pork belly too.

we didn't cook at the table.
waitress was awesome!

qclabrat

We have to give you a proper tour one day, looks like you missed a bunch of the fun stuff
Yeah, it was late and I just want to circle the park to get a feel. Late meetings and bad rains past few days so couldn't get out again. A shame since only 20 mins away. I did stop by to check out Rye playland, site of one of my favorite childhood movies, Big.
IMG_20190617_211451.jpg

Screenshot_20190619-221325.png

Patrick

Staff member
You missed the cold buckwheat noodles? Excellent during the warm months. Your clothes still smell like KBBQ now?

was looking at those -
Nobody in the whole place was cooking at the table, so there wasn't a wave of aroma and flying oil to coat the clothes!

what are we supposed to do with the lettuce leaves?

qclabrat

was looking at those -
Nobody in the whole place was cooking at the table, so there wasn't a wave of aroma and flying oil to coat the clothes!

what are we supposed to do with the lettuce leaves?
Wrap with meat, but first add bean paste and scallions. Somewhat popular way to eat grilled meats in Asia.

Patrick

Staff member
Wrap with meat, but first add bean paste and scallions. Somewhat popular way to eat grilled meats in Asia.

bean paste? the ginger type thick sauce?
saw the scallions mixed with some other greens - there was also daikon (i think)

ok - we should just go. we can hit top golf!

Top Bottom