OOS MOGA

Do you know anything about sharepoint I have to set one up tomorrow and have only had these presentations to learn off of.
I need a lot more info to even have a clue, is the site setup and you are designing it? Is it based on 365 or hosted internally? Do you have templates your working with? What is the goal? Who are you serving the site to?

I can keep going but the gist is your kind of screwed.

my running coach wore this today.....

IMG_3593.JPG

I need a lot more info to even have a clue, is the site setup and you are designing it? Is it based on 365 or hosted internally? Do you have templates your working with? What is the goal? Who are you serving the site to?

I can keep going but the gist is your kind of screwed.

set up and I'm going to eventually start designing I need to install the designer to see what else I need to learn
servicing internal clients
goal is hosting communications but there are reports that I get emailed to me because they wont give me DB access so I'm going to have it host those files on the sharepoint and connect to it rather then doing data dumps.

how are we worth 72 bill when they put unskilled individuals like my self on things lol

I get paid by the hour so this is good news to me, I could do my reporting in tableau but I was denied. If only they new it would be cheaper to get me that license then pay for all those hours.

you = expense
license = capital expenditure

expense is already approved

gotta love the corp bs.

set up and I'm going to eventually start designing I need to install the designer to see what else I need to learn
goal is hosting communications but there are reports that I get emailed to me because they wont give me DB access so I'm going to have it host those files on the sharepoint and connect to it rather then doing data dumps.

how are we worth 72 bill when they put unskilled individuals like my self on things lol

warm body theory.

i can explain this stuff all day, that is why i don't do it anymore, except for the important clients. like here.

So basically they just gave you a page to admin? That really isn’t to big a deal and doesn’t take a ton of skill to just hold reports nd files. It can be used basically like a file directory

So basically they just gave you a page to admin? That really isn’t to big a deal and doesn’t take a ton of skill to just hold reports nd files. It can be used basically like a file directory

Just never used one before so wasn't sure what I was in for, I figured 2 or 3 hours I should comfortable in the environment. just over thinking it...

I think Brett just called Max unskilled.
I am comfortable calling Max unskilled in share point, by no means am I skilled at it either I have just dealt with it and managed a few deployments.

Edit: I should also mention I have called him much worse in person

I think Brett just called Max unskilled.

Its not in my wheel house but I hope to add it. I really wished I picked another road, office life isn't for me but its easy work and pays the bills. Just showing up on time and being personable has gotten me much farther than my abilities could. I'm skilled just enough to get that next check which is a very low bar.

Its not in my wheel house but I hope to add it. I really wished I picked another road, office life isn't for me but its easy work and pays the bills. Just showing up on time and being personable has gotten me much farther than my abilities could. I'm skilled just enough to get that next check which is a very low bar.
The 365 variant is supposed to be pretty easy to setup and work with compared to the on prem. You’ll be fine if you put in a lil effort sooo, you’re screwed.

this means quite a bit - not over committing - just get it done when you say it will or before.
Be there, and keep them updated means you are working.
going to take 5 days, and finish in 3 - happy client.
letting them know it is going to take 6 on day 3, happy client.

it is all magic to most.
---
funny story - i had an artist talk about how she could do so much more with the software than i could, cause i'm not creative. (it was someone i was friendly with,
and we might have been drinking)
i agreed, i wrote some of it.....

Max aren’t you like 30? You’ve got 3-6 more career changes ahead of you. Pick something more exciting next pass. Like dolphin training.

Wait no I said you should avoid water didn’t I?

Back
Top Bottom