OOS MOGA

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
How is this ride being advertised? Is it casual/no drop, or intermediate, or Cat 1/Pro.

OK - cycle craft is the sponsor of Paramount (that tri club stuff i wear)

Here is what i've gathered.

The Thursday ride will be targeted (No double t in that word) at riders who are comfortable with the climbs and tech at
places like the tourne, and lewis morris. (ie can do the tuesday/wednesday rides respectively) - Wildcat has more technical features and
climbing, so the pace will be adjusted as needed, but it is not a pure beginners' ride, in the sense you want to learn how to MTB there.
but you can "improve" there. And hopefully learn some loops (added by me, cause i'm just trying to hold on to the wednesday group, and
usually not able to do anything but work the trail in front of me)

BPaze

From looking at the can I’m assuming it has Mary Jane in it? Especially if it’s from Colorado lol.
Unfortunately not just a real good beer

@Paul H I am cool with whatever Jersey design you want you put in the effort you pick, but if you do want opinion feel free to ask I will not offer and further complicate it for you!

BPaze

i have heard rumors about who is running it, and im not sure if this ride will live up to you guys expectations for a beginner/introductory ride. I could be wrong but youv been warned.
OK - cycle craft is the sponsor of Paramount (that tri club stuff i wear)

Here is what i've gathered.

The Thursday ride will be targeted (No double t in that word) at riders who are comfortable with the climbs and tech at
places like the tourne, and lewis morris. (ie can do the tuesday/wednesday rides respectively) - Wildcat has more technical features and
climbing, so the pace will be adjusted as needed, but it is not a pure beginners' ride, in the sense you want to learn how to MTB there.
but you can "improve" there. And hopefully learn some loops (added by me, cause i'm just trying to hold on to the wednesday group, and
usually not able to do anything but work the trail in front of me)
I am not really looking for a beginner ride just a pace I can keep up with without being dropped in the first mile. I've heard Wednesday are pretty quick although as Jim has said I do need to try to progress.

Patrick

Staff member
I am not really looking for a beginner ride just a pace I can keep up with without being dropped in the first mile. I've heard Wednesday are pretty quick although as Jim has said I do need to try to progress.

i'm the slowest person on the wednesday rides. (when i go) JimN is nice enough to sweep me up as needed.

Paul H

Fearless OOS Poser
Unfortunately not just a real good beer

@Paul H I am cool with whatever Jersey design you want you put in the effort you pick, but if you do want opinion feel free to ask I will not offer and further complicate it for you!
I have an idea in my head for the jersey. I hope to have something by next week. Then, I will take inputs on what to change.

Patrick

Staff member
If your the slowest person....

I'll throw one other thing out there - when i do catch the group, we leave right away. While slower, there is enough fitness
to keep going for 2 hours - then i'm done. I think that matches the description of the ride - intermediate with minimal breaks
(which means i get minimal breaks, while the others get to chat)

i looked back at last august, BillC's moving time compared to mine - 1:45 moving for me, he had 1:34 moving time.
which means he was going at a conversational pace, and i was hypoxic.

Victor I

aka Ridgehog
Supreme leader?
Maybe supreme secretary! He is the head of rides... who doesn't ride? OOS has always been a democracy of the core members and yes Max is a core member.

However, as far as the jersey is concern, I am volunteering my time on this so rest of yous can put up... or shut up. :p
Thought you did a great job with the first set of apparel. I am still a couple of pages behind so maybe I am being redundant

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
Sick!
No.... you're a sick man! $30 for a bottle cage?!?!
Altho... carbon....
View attachment 93096

King Cages or GTFH. These carbon cages seem ril dumb when there are 20 bottles sitting on the side of the first HOH dirt section...
@jdog wants me to flip the stem. would probably go longer if i did. think the caad (also 56) was 110 stem.

on further review, it is 100mm stem.

View attachment 93102

so you are more stretched out, not lower.
got some clip-on aero bars you can borrow :D

i get the feeling that i'm leaning on my arms with a longer stem (in the drops) -
with this config, my core seems to do a decent job of carrying the weight.

i should ride it once in a while.
I assume you looked at effective TT and all that before basing things just on frame size. I also have about half of that amount of seat tube out too. It is worth mentioning that slammed doesnt equal aero. Current TT setups support this as there bars are often high AF to get a more aero position.

pygmypony

So @TimBay and I riding Hartshorne tomorrow at 4pm. Come join us. Ride is posted on Strava.
i was thinking, cool! i'm working from home, i should be able to do this...then realized, wait, my kid has a lacrosse game at 4pm, so...out. where is this strava posting you speak of by the way?

Patrick

Staff member
King Cages or GTFH. These carbon cages seem ril dumb when there are 20 bottles sitting on the side of the first HOH dirt section...

I assume you looked at effective TT and all that before basing things just on frame size. I also have about half of that amount of seat tube out too. It is worth mentioning that slammed doesnt equal aero. Current TT setups support this as there bars are often high AF to get a more aero position.

i'll give ya the aero - on the seat post, easily explained: you have short legs.
which then explains your longer stem, cause shorter saddle-to-drops at lower seat height.

Top Bottom