$$$$OLD! DBR Axis TT

Is this the coolest thing you've seen all day?

• Yes!

• No, I saw your mom jump a 35cc dirtbike over a campfire this morning.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Heckler

You bring new meaning to the term SUCK
MADE IN AMERICA TITANIUM FROM THE 90'S!?

BRANDED DIAMONDBACK?!

HELL DUCKIN' YES!

Maybe you had one, maybe you always wanted one, maybe you just want a second one - whatever the story is now is your chance.

I got the bike at a garage sale, group, wheels and cockpit were trashed frame was in pretty damn good shape. Originally had Shimano LX group. Here's the current scoop:

c.1994 DBR Axis TT Frame ~17.5" ST (C-C), ~22.5" EFF TT(C-C)
Rigid Steel fork - 1-1/8" steerer (I believe is original)
NEW Cartridge BB installed with anti-seize
OG Black Headset
NEW 100mm Thompson 0Deg stem
NEW Flame on silver ano 31.8 flat bar
OG Shimano LX 175mm crank with bash guard
Shimano XTR m900 canti brakes F/R
Shimano XTR m900 Rear Derailleur
Shimano XTR m900 hubs (R32h-F28H) laced to something Hard ano(sticker is worn off)
Specialized the captain 26x2.0 tires - Barely used, plenty of life
NEW Sunrace 8 speed thumbie shifter
NEW KMC 8sp chain
NEW 8 speed cassette (11-32)
NEW Oury Grips - Reddd

IMG_6653.JPG IMG_6662.JPG IMG_6659.JPG IMG_6660.JPG IMG_6661.JPG IMG_6655.JPG IMG_6654.JPG IMG_6656.JPG IMG_6657.JPG IMG_6658.JPG

Brakes, and hubs are in Excellent shape, rear brake XTR logo has rubbed off - all parts are stamped m900. I rebuilt the rear derailleur - totally gegreased, and regreased everything all the way down to the sweet Dura-Ace Aluminum Upper jockey pulley. It is however in pretty rough shape. It has a bit of play but shifts well.

I believe I still have the OG Tioga stem (which has to be a 120 or 130mm) 1" clamp - bars were trashed. I may still have the LX Brifters. Pretty sure I cleaned them up, may also have the other two chain-rings. All included (if I have) with purchase.

Saddle is rough, seat post has a shim that could use replacing, neither is seized in the frame *thumbs up* I'm assuming the idea of the shim was to prevent the post from seizing in the ST. Seat collar also needs replacing, but works.

I've only ridden the bike a few times, comes with sweet test ride pedals because I needed something to practice my wheelies with.

$550 takes this baby home, I have some wiggle room, especially if you're good at expressing your stoktitude.

$400 FIRM

Don't want it all? We can work this out in pieces, too.

Bike is in Warren, NJ.

Last edited:
MADE IN AMERICA TITANIUM FROM THE 90'S!?

BRANDED DIAMONDBACK?!

HELL DUCKIN' YES!

Maybe you had one, maybe you always wanted one, maybe you just want a second one - whatever the story is now is your chance.

I got the bike at a garage sale, group, wheels and cockpit were trashed frame was in pretty damn good shape. Originally had Shimano LX group. Here's the current scoop:

c.1994 DBR Axis TT Frame ~17.5" ST (C-C), ~22.5" EFF TT(C-C)
Rigid Steel fork - 1-1/8" steerer (I believe is original)
NEW Cartridge BB installed with anti-seize
OG Black Headset
NEW 100mm Thompson 0Deg stem
NEW Flame on silver ano 31.8 flat bar
OG Shimano LX 175mm crank with bash guard
Shimano XTR m800 canti brakes F/R
Shimano XTR m800 Rear Derailleur
Shimano XTR m800 hubs (R32h-F28H) laced to something Hard ano(sticker is worn off)
Specialized the captain 26x2.0 tires - Barely used, plenty of life
NEW Sunrace 8 speed thumbie shifter
NEW KMC 8sp chain
NEW 8 speed cassette (11-32)
NEW Oury Grips - Reddd

View attachment 44588 View attachment 44589 View attachment 44590 View attachment 44591 View attachment 44592 View attachment 44587 View attachment 44585 View attachment 44583 View attachment 44586 View attachment 44584

Brakes, and hubs are in Excellent shape, rear brake XTR logo has rubbed off - all parts are stamped m800. I rebuilt the rear derailleur - totally gegreased, and regreased everything all the way down to the sweet Dura-Ace Aluminum Upper jockey pulley. It is however in pretty rough shape. It has a bit of play but shifts well.

I believe I still have the OG Tioga stem (which has to be a 120 or 130mm) 1" clamp - bars were trashed. I may still have the LX Brifters. Pretty sure I cleaned them up, may also have the other two chain-rings. All included (if I have) with purchase.

Saddle is rough, seat post has a shim that could use replacing, neither is seized in the frame *thumbs up* I'm assuming the idea of the shim was to prevent the post from seizing in the ST. Seat collar also needs replacing, but works.

I've only ridden the bike a few times, comes with sweet test ride pedals because I needed something to practice my wheelies with.

$550 takes this baby home, I have some wiggle room, especially if you're good at expressing your stoktitude.

Don't want it all? We can work this out in pieces, too.

Bike is in Warren, NJ.
I remember picking one up at The Sports People. Man was that thing light for it's time!

I have a nicer one in extra small hanging in my garage but it has Dean stickers on it. don't even ask.

Love that one though.

PRICE SLASH

Forum Thursday Special - $400 FIRM

Heading to Craigslist shortly, don't miss out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom