Oh Snap

Mumonkan

popcorn-blank.gif

Johnny Utah

Years ago I spoke to someone in the lot at Allaire that told me they once tried to ride the roads at Naval Weapons Station Earl, they were not met with nearly the same kindness at these folks, as expected.

JoeLee

nonsense. dont they know theyre on the ground?

i made the mistake of opening the comments and theres 10000 people that have probably never served bashing these guys for not wearing their regulation hats
I was joking - it's probably the Marine equivalent of leg-shaving for roadies ...

KenS

JORBA: Director
JORBA.ORG
I first rode the trails in Guantanamo Bay, Cuba in early 1992, and many times until late 1994. It was completely awesome. We would also poach the golf course, which was super fun and the MP's never cared about. I went back again randomly between 2009 and 2012, and found out very quickly that a lot of the trails I used to ride are now *very* off limits due to the new guests living there. Anyone who has dealt with Marines following orders learns very clearly why following their directions is so important. Fortunately the golf course and some of the trails in other areas were still rideable.

These guys knew they were poaching, they just didn't understand the severity of it. I am sure it will all blow over.

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
Didn't know military could issue tickets. Now I now and knowing is half the battle.

if you ever have reason to be on a base, the speed limit is the speed limit. there is no grey area. 26 in a 25 is a ticket.
there is never a reason to go near a building you are not there to visit - that is why they have huge numbers on them.
I was always amazed at what was inside some of crappiest looking buildings.

Top Bottom