OFFICIAL Spring Allergies Thread

qclabrat

I'm down in the triangle this week, can't believe redbuds are already blooming here, you're going to have to up your dosage down here son....

rick81721

Lothar
We are lucking out with this rain coinciding with trees blooming. Knocking pollen out before it can get airborne. flonase working well so far for me

Mumonkan

i havent had the sore throat thing after those first couple days, but my nose is still making lots of snot.
and not the runny nose kind, the kind i gotta hack up and launch at parked cars

every year its something new...

Mumonkan

some sneezing has begun. and im not sure if it was dirt or pollen but my eyeballs were itchy for a few mins yesterday

its coming.

iJoOd.gif

Paul H

Fearless OOS Poser
Feels mild... but it has only just begun.
Moreso than the allergies, Spring just means the beginning for mosquitos. This is one thing I really dislike about being in the woods because the bug sprays and lotions I have tried smells funky once it gets mixed with sweat. But I suppose this is another subject of its own.

1speed

Incredibly profound yet fantastically flawed
Feels mild... but it has only just begun.
Moreso than the allergies, Spring just means the beginning for mosquitos. This is one thing I really dislike about being in the woods because the bug sprays and lotions I have tried smells funky once it gets mixed with sweat. But I suppose this is another subject of its own.

Not so much mosquitoes, but the gnats were out in force last night in Wissahickon. I rode through a swarm of them at one point and they were everywhere - in my ears, my nose, my helmet. I was really glad I was wearing glasses.

As for allergies, I think this is going to be a bad season. I don't have as much trouble with feeling stuffed-up by allergies anymore since I roto-rootered my sinuses, but they definitely exacerbate my asthma. I have to carry my albuterol with me when I ride this time of year now or else afterward I'll sound like a broken engine -- having no turbinates has made post-nasal drip an everyday thing for me, and when you throw pollen into the mix with that, it makes breathing under effort really tough.

Mumonkan

weve had the bugs for a couple weeks now, lots of extra protein ripping through clouds of gnats, and the past couple days ive been stabbed a number of times by the mozzies

no bug spray has ever helped fend them off from me so i dont waste my money

rick81721

Lothar
Not so much mosquitoes, but the gnats were out in force last night in Wissahickon. I rode through a swarm of them at one point and they were everywhere - in my ears, my nose, my helmet. I was really glad I was wearing glasses.

Same @ 6mr - swallowed a bunch of them when I blew through a swarm

jShort

2018 Fantasy Football Toilet Bowl Lead Technician
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I've been staying ahead with my Flonase. This shit is expensive, but it seems to work great.

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
So this was clean before an hour ride at lunch today (no dirt roads were traversed either)
7D023CBD-0CF7-48C6-B150-0C5C1FAB78E1_zpsepg7khbq.jpg

JDurk

The itchy eyes started Tues and now the sneezing today. Better get to CVS for some Allegra.

Mumonkan

so im gonna be that guy and fuck it up for everybody:

im totally fine now, trees and shit blooming all over the place too.

dogwood trees smell like a yeast infection though, i think id rather the sneezing

Top Bottom