OFFICIAL - Post your bicycle workbench area

Mountain Bike Mike

thanks bro. now if i can just get someone to buy these 76 corvette t tops everything will be off of the ground!
9D5C3582-8925-41BE-A7E5-87E470DE91D7_zpsptv1q7tg.jpg

rlb

Nice setup there, I like the staggered hooks. Wish I thought of that years ago.

jShort

2018 Fantasy Football Toilet Bowl Lead Technician
Team MTBNJ Halter's
C01603F6-D3B3-490D-8544-5DD08A80EF41_zpsbvenswf7.jpg

rainy day yesterday so banged this out. ikea cabinets on closeout, every hook home depot sells and a couple 2x4's, here we is!
Is that your garage or basement?

jmanic

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
Staff member
JORBA.ORG
Team MTBNJ Halter's
C01603F6-D3B3-490D-8544-5DD08A80EF41_zpsbvenswf7.jpg

rainy day yesterday so banged this out. ikea cabinets on closeout, every hook home depot sells and a couple 2x4's, here we is!
Looking good!
What's holding the wheel collection, more hooks?
This is something I'm trying to solve.

Pearl

THIS CHANGES EVERYTHING
this my garage, i dont have a basement

these are the cheap 80 cent hooks or whatever from home depot. i'm taking a risk and just hanging them from the dry wall, i should have put a 2x4 across but went full #YOLO on this, the tubulars are super light anyway and completely trashed already. not sure how they would rip out the dry wall... time will tell!

Magic

Formerly 1sh0t1b33r
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Did you at least use some kind of toggle anchors or literally just hook screwed into drywall? Lol.

Maybe if you have Norm visit, you guys can paint the garage orange and blue.

mattybfat

The Opinion Police
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Should have painted
Eventually with humidity the tape will peel away and Sheetrock will become coffee stained in color. Even a 2 coat of primer would have been better.

rlb

Yeah definitely paint. My 1961 unpainted garage looks like someone sprayed coffee all over the walls.

terrabike01

Like Matty said depending on the environment inside the garage, the drywall joint tape may start peeling especially if there's only 1 skim coat on it which is usually the case in garages. I think Matty said he will paint for you in exchange for 2 of your bikes.

Top Bottom