OFFICIAL - Post your bicycle workbench area

Mountain Bike Mike

actually now that i measure it wouldn't be much bigger than 6 feet, maybe another foot or so.. so maybe not worth it. i have this weird water shut off switch that is screaming for "end the bench here"

Throw the builder's subs a couple and have them throw one up.. Show em some pics... One of the subcontractors will do it for a couple extra bucks and and a case of beer. Shit will be done in faster than shit and be nice.

mattybfat

The Opinion Police
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Use melomine top this time
It's easy to find and easy to keep clean.

image.jpeg

Pearl

THIS CHANGES EVERYTHING
Hmmm. I'm also contemplating putting it on the side of the garage versus the back wall of the garage. Goal will be to only have one car in the garage and the other half be bike world. Thoughts?

UtahJoe

Team Workhorse
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Hmmm. I'm also contemplating putting it on the side of the garage versus the back wall of the garage. Goal will be to only have one car in the garage and the other half be bike world. Thoughts?
thats what I did...although my garage is technically big enough for 3 cars if I had a double door...but one side for the mustang, the other have is the shop.

jackx

Not sure if you have a basement, but...
++ Working in garage is easier than having to lug bikes up from /down to basement.
+ Less snow down south to keep car garaged from compared to NJ.
- basement is warmer than garage for working on bikes in cold months.

mattybfat

The Opinion Police
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Technically I have a spot for a car but it never goes in. Other half is bike shop.

On point though I have in the winter shit shows brought both in when I had the Fit still, having room by moving crap around.

Your winter shit shows are over though so you should have a rave party in that garage.

blackburn1973

Did you keep your old kitchen cabinets? Mine became my work bench. Bot the best picture and obviously not cleaned up...

picture.php
Did the same thing with some built-ins that we took out of my daughter's room. Ugly up there and took up too much room but great as a workbench.

Pearl

THIS CHANGES EVERYTHING
just realized i need to keep that wall on the side of the garage open for bicycles, so against the back wall it is!

i'm going to try and attempt this over the weekend in between riding and sleeping at the pool in 100 degree weather :)

Mountain Bike Mike

just realized i need to keep that wall on the side of the garage open for bicycles, so against the back wall it is!

i'm going to try and attempt this over the weekend in between riding and sleeping at the pool in 100 degree weather :)

Make provisions for kiddie bike trailer (they take up a lot of real estate) and a place to hang the baby bike seat when not mounted on the bike. Assuming your scalpel will turn into a Minivan soon.

Mountain Bike Mike

Oh and since you don't have a basement storage area - take 30% of your garage for kids bikes, trikes, big wheels, scooters, soccer, basketball, football, baseball gear, bouncy house, strollers (like three different kinds - umbrella, cadillac, stow and go) Extra car seats and boosters.... Toys, exersaucers, walkers... Powerwheels.... I'll think of more...

Mountain Bike Mike

Oh yeah... LAX is big in North Carolina so you'll need room for that gear, If I recall, you're a hockey fan - so set aside another couple grand and another 10% of your garage for hockey gear, sticks, goal, rollerblades for street hockey.

Trainer - cause riding for fun time will be condensed to 1 hour between naps, feedings and Mommy needing a break. ;)

Pearl

THIS CHANGES EVERYTHING
thanks bro. now if i can just get someone to buy these 76 corvette t tops everything will be off of the ground!

Top Bottom