I'd bet money he has one of these under the plywood:

75993.jpg

jmanic

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
Staff member
JORBA.ORG
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Looking good-
Matty's suggestion for a melamine top is a good call.

For my bench top, I went two layers of 3/4" plywood with a layer of hardboard (unperforated pegboard material) held in place with contact cement. The hardboard can be replaced is it gets damaged/stained, the double plywood allows you to break out a mallet and go Thor on stuff.

Pearl

THIS CHANGES EVERYTHING
Pearl is turning out to be legit. However, however much did Mandi help with this?

Mandi fed me dinner both days before i worked on this, so you could say she fueled the fire in me to build

I EVEN MEASURED EVERYTHING MYSELF!

mandi

Must say I was super impressed with this.

Now build me a table so I can fold the laundry downstairs!

Pearl

THIS CHANGES EVERYTHING
did you drill that 2x4 (i have extra 2x6's laying around) to hang the bikes into each stud? I think I want to do this, but I almost have enough space not to, even though Ben brought up the good point of having floor space :hmmm:

reminds me, i need dat pegboard

MX311

Yes I pre drilled it and mounted it to studs. That allowed me to run the hook for the wheel wherever I need it to be. Pegboard is better for me then my toolbox overloaded with stuff.

Ian F

Right now, I have bikes and parts scattered all over the house. Some bikes live in the basement... misc parts and old frames in the attic... two bikes and most tools are in the living room. It's a royal mess and I can never find anything. :(

I'm in the process of renovating my house and one project will be to carve out a better work area in my living room for the most ridden bikes and tools. I'll probably get a 48" steel, 2-drawer work bench from Lowes Depot in lieu of building one - mainly for space reasons. I've learned too much flat surface just collects crap.

Top Bottom