OFFICIAL Facebook Memories Thread

Pearl

THIS CHANGES EVERYTHING
4BDBDF29-8A78-4984-B8FF-6BFFD62CBDD2.jpeg
@ChrisRU and @map111158 trip to my first Stoopid 50. Chris and Falco shared a bed.

903EE66C-004F-4AC4-A333-050C0D0D8B42.jpeg
I think I was the first to wear the new style kit at a bike race. I lost everything in that saddle bag. I also was still able to use a water bottle cage on the scalpel before the threads stripped out of the frame.

So stoked to finish well that year. Also, doing the patented, “Manding”. I think @jdog did it this year too?3D29CC51-74CD-4D20-968B-BE8C9AA66BCA.jpeg
@xc62701 with a solid result too!

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
3 Years Ago - Zac riding some of the trails we built in the backyard. Due to the recent NICA interest, these trails have risen again.

13451001_10209139776867519_367306637871100470_n.jpg

4 Years Ago - we donated all these bikes to the BSA

11425106_10206361266966508_7247636046545162409_n.jpg

5 Years Ago - @jdog and @Dominique work on a quick fit of her brand new mountain bike at the time

10398066_10203594315514451_254140316994181507_n.jpg

UtahJoe

Team Workhorse
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Not a Fb memory....but June 1989....Uhaul packed heading to Park City, Utah, 70 bronco on the trailer....my dads ranger carrying his zx-10 ninja and his ltd 750....My dad found it amusing that we were moving to Utah while driving a Vermont billboard.

cant believe its been 30 years.
W330RYC.jpg

somewhere in Iowa
wKKYs1n.jpg

UtahJoe

Team Workhorse
Team MTBNJ Halter's
bronco is sickkkkkk
God I loved that thing...it came with the gas station my dad bought in Roxbury...lived its whole live as a plow truck...only had ~20,000 miles on it in this picture...however, it was a total rust bucket. We pulled up to our new house in Utah and the guy that built our house offered my dad $2000 for it on the spot...it was sold before it even left that uhaul trailer lol.

pooriggy

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Not a Fb memory....but June 1989....Uhaul packed heading to Park City, Utah, 70 bronco on the trailer....my dads ranger carrying his zx-10 ninja and his ltd 750....My dad found it amusing that we were moving to Utah while driving a Vermont billboard.

cant believe its been 30 years.
W330RYC.jpg

somewhere in Iowa
wKKYs1n.jpg

Where was Mustang?
Also, u-haul noted for xc skier.

UtahJoe

Team Workhorse
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Where was Mustang?
Also, u-haul noted for xc skier.
so this was round 1...my Dad drove the Uhaul, his buddy drove his ranger. We got to Utah and our house wasnt finished yet...so we lived in a hotel for a few weeks, then we flew back to NJ in August and drove the Mustang to Utah.

pooriggy

Team MTBNJ Halter's
so this was round 1...my Dad drove the Uhaul, his buddy drove his ranger. We got to Utah and our house wasnt finished yet...so we lived in a hotel for a few weeks, then we flew back to NJ in August and drove the Mustang to Utah.
I would say hauling the Bonco to Utah to sell immediately was a waste of time since you had to fly back to NJ and drive Mustang across the United States, but driving a vintage car cross country with your dad is fuckin awesome.

UtahJoe

Team Workhorse
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I would say hauling the Bonco to Utah to sell immediately was a waste of time since you had to fly back to NJ and drive Mustang across the United States, but driving a vintage car cross country with your dad is fuckin awesome.
ya that was pretty dumb in hindsight....but in 1989 broncos were worthless, especially ones that were totally rusted out...so $2000 was like absurd. Mind you that my father decided to move to Utah in a span of about 3 hours during our ski trips there in Feb. of 89. Woke up that morning, my sister didnt want to ski and was being a pain...so we just drove around the town...he saw this lot with a for sale sign and like 3-4 hrs later he bought it. He was rather impulsive lol. I remember sitting in the realtors office and being like....."so really, were like moving to Utah?"At that time I wouldnt have even been aware of the fact that he and my mom had joint custody of me....im guessing he must have not even considered that when he bought that lot. He was a trip, he would have LOVED the "zero fucks given" phrase.

but driving a vintage car cross country with your dad is fuckin awesome.
One of those things that at 12 you cant appreciate, bc 2100 miles in a SCREAMING big block mustang with no ac and no radio in august was downright BRUTAL...at 80mph we have to yell at each other to to even talk lol. 30 years later...its a really cherished memory. I sat in that passenger seat reading "mustang illustrated" magazine saying to my dad...."we really need to restore this mustang like one of these cars"

Top Bottom