"Official" BIYF 2016-2017 thread

Mountain Bike Mike

So the idea of holding the BIYF group ride at Mercer during the NICA event is a neat idea... here's my sale's pitch... legal disclaimer -I suck as sales and marketting...

you can ride the rest of the park as the biyf group, hang out in the woods and cheer on the racers, come say hello to the teams, coaches and familiar faces and spectate and take part in the FIRST EVER NICA RACE in NJ.. from what I've seen and heard, these events are super legit - like a nationals type feel and vibe. Lots of team tents, tailgating and huge supporting crowds.. I think it may be a bit of a disrespect to plan a group ride at any other place on this date... Mercer NICA Event is the place to be on 4/2..

MadisonDan

Team MTBNJ Halter's
So the idea of holding the BIYF group ride at Mercer during the NICA event is a neat idea... here's my sale's pitch... legal disclaimer -I suck as sales and marketting...

you can ride the rest of the park as the biyf group, hang out in the woods and cheer on the racers, come say hello to the teams, coaches and familiar faces and spectate and take part in the FIRST EVER NICA RACE in NJ.. from what I've seen and heard, these events are super legit - like a nationals type feel and vibe. Lots of team tents, tailgating and huge supporting crowds.. I think it may be a bit of a disrespect to plan a group ride at any other place on this date... Mercer NICA Event is the place to be on 4/2..

Mike.. Not sure if you were on the coaches call last night, but we just need to make it clear that as I understand it, only racers, coaches, and volunteers with number plates will be allowed on the actual course. I have no idea what the place is like, and we would LOVE to get as many people there to cheer and spectate, just need to manage expectations about riding on the race course. Sounds like it's a very tightly run ship. That said.... EVERYONE COME TO MERCER ON APRIL 2 TO SUPPORT NJ'S FIRST NICA RACE!!!!

MadisonDan

Team MTBNJ Halter's
@MadisonDan It would be great to get some NICA kids to Thursday's Freeholders meeting
At 7pm

https://www.facebook.com/events/386201641739090/?acontext={"action_history":"[%7B%5C%22surface%5C%22%3A%5C%22page%5C%22%2C%5C%22mechanism%5C%22%3A%5C%22page_upcoming_events_card%5C%22%2C%5C%22extra_data%5C%22%3A[]%7D]%22%2C%22has_source%22%3Atrue%7D
Bad link, but I'm in all the FB pages anyway. There were a few at the TrailSide meeting a few weeks back. I'll post it to our group though. Maybe @muddybike can post up in the NJ League page??

MadisonDan

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Boom
IMG_7203.PNG

rlb

The socks are real!
IMG_20170324_172125.jpg

@w_b @thegock @liong71er @teabagger11 let me know how you want to get them socks. We can meet up, I can mail them, etc etc.

As for the ride, The NICA idea is cool but I don't want to bring a huge group into the mix on the trails and turn the whole thing into a shitshow, particularly if it's the first ever NJ NICA race. On top of that, based on this week's forecast the 2nd is not looking good. Let's hope for some better weather moving forward.

thegock

The socks are real!View attachment 49851

@w_b @thegock @liong71er @teabagger11 let me know how you want to get them socks. We can meet up, I can mail them, etc etc.

As for the ride, The NICA idea is cool but I don't want to bring a huge group into the mix on the trails and turn the whole thing into a shitshow, particularly if it's the first ever NJ NICA race. On top of that, based on this week's forecast the 2nd is not looking good. Let's hope for some better weather moving forward.

Thanks again for running the whole thing. And thanks to your helper, @fidodie. It really sets up the year by getting me away from the desk.

I will PM u my address.

You guys should come to a Freeholders meeting in Elizabeth some Thursday night and see how the interests of the MTB community and local government converge. #freeWatchung

w_b

Nah, that was a ride to get some socks and a couple loops in, with a side of @thegock and his band of merry men added by pure chance.
If we do a wrap up/ meet and greet ride we should have some sort of advance plan with actual notice so some other peeps can join if they want.

rlb

If we do a wrap up/ meet and greet ride we should have some sort of advance plan with actual notice so some other peeps can join if they want.

This is still the plan, we just need the weather to cooperate. IIRC the BIYF group ride didn't happen until late April last year, so that's the likely reality for this year.

However, the universe prevailed and put Tom and Warren in the same place at the same time and all was well in the world, for just a few minutes.

Reggie

Formerly ReggieHammond
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Has there been any talk about the BIYF group ride?

I remember talk of an Allaire ride. Just throwing this out there for those who haven't had a chance to explore up north......if there is interest in an Allamuchy, Stephens, or Deer Park ride.....I can lead.

rlb

Has there been any talk about the BIYF group ride?

No, there hasn't been. Unfortunately I cannot commit to a ride at this point, too many "balls in the air" before the baby arrives (there's a joke in there somewhere).

If someone wants to step up and organize this please feel free (and thank you ahead of time). If I can attend I will, but otherwise enjoy!

thegock

No, there hasn't been. Unfortunately I cannot commit to a ride at this point, too many "balls in the air" before the baby arrives (there's a joke in there somewhere).

Let's do it when you and Pat can ride Chimney Rock. July, Aug., September?

Reggie

Formerly ReggieHammond
Team MTBNJ Halter's
If there's an interest....I can lead a BIYF ride in Stephens on 7/8 or 7/9. I'll be sure to make it worth while for those driving some distance.

Top Bottom