"Official" BIYF 2016-2017 thread

rlb

I'm still planning to put together a post BIYF ride like we did last year, so hopefully you can make it. I would love to pin a date to a nice dry trail system to , but you know how that goes.

So far looks like most are board for the 2nd aside from @thegock. Let's see if we get a few more votes

BIYF Wrap up ride:
Vote for when/where.
https://goo.gl/forms/Nmqei8Z2hsrHC9Sh2

BIYF.png

Elite:
@rick81721
@Johnny Utah
@liong71er
@jimvreeland
@Mountain Bike Mike
@stb222

Mortal:
@M3Tim
@fidodie
@rlb
@Fat Trout
@clarkenstein
@Frank
@w_b
@thegock
@StayHydrated
@huffster
@MadisonDan
@1sh0t1b33r
@teabagger11
@ekuhn
@moray42
@choop
@jmanic
@sk1er18
@ReggieHammond
@JimN
@oobaa47
@Flaubert
@BSAphex
@ilnadi
@Sandman98
@qclabrat
@wschruba
@knobbyhead
@Hot Action
@tonyride
@bigW
@wonderturtle
@jackx

JimN

Captain Wildcat
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Good times again, thanks much! I can't make the 2nd and put some alternate dates in, but if the 2nd works for the most people, then go for it.

w_b

3/19 One more for the books- beautiful day!

2:21:07
https://www.strava.com/activities/906524450

Day late and about 20hrs of saddle time short for a second pair of the mythical socks.

Many thanks are due and payable: @rlb @fidodie @thegock @jimvreeland @Mountain Bike Mike @liong71er @Jerry Garcia and Bob Weir, et al @ Jimmy Page thanks for the support. The challenge definitely helped me to get out there when it was bleak.

And of course to all of you that participated, I enjoyed your ride writeups (every single one;) it made me want to get out more.

Looking forward to meeting everyone out on the trails or elsewhere.

IMG_0928a.JPG

Last edited:

Mountain Bike Mike

I'm glad I decided to participate this year. It may have impacted race training or not, who knows. Regardless, many great experiences had, personal achievements gained, overall improvement accomplished. I can honetly say I rode as much as life allowed in shit weather and lots of hours logged in the dark.

I was happy to see @w_b and @thegock step up. Sucks I got sick at the end, I was hoping for a shootout for second place with @w_b . I never had any intention on winning because we all know @liong aint nobody to fucks wit. I was hoping to be the first place behind Jim and Liong.

Still sucks @stb222 wussed out. He belonged in the Elite comp regardless of his BS excuses.

Thanks to all who participated and ran this thing. The stories were great entertainment and motivation. Extra spesh thx to @rlb and @fidodie for all the admin work to keep us on track.

Sucks I won't be able to attend the group ride, will be at Mercer coaching the NICA race that day... maybe an opportunity for the BIYF crew to do the group ride at Mercer and support NICA...

Cheers!

rick81721

Lothar

Yeah thanks @rlb and @fidodie for running this - a good time as always. Not sure if I can make apr 2 but I doubt anything around here will be rideable. Prolly allaire (or Mercer) is your best bet.

Reactions: rlb

Magic

Formerly 1sh0t1b33r
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I would push the ride back just because of weather. Snow melt will probably make for shit trails for a while.

rlb

I was happy to see @w_b and @thegock step up. Sucks I got sick at the end, I was hoping for a shootout for second place with @w_b . I never had any intention on winning because we all know @liong aint nobody to fucks wit. I was hoping to be the first place behind Jim and Liong.

I second this, super cool that both guys decided to make the leap. It was fun to watch them go back and forth for a bit!

I logged the last few stragglers, so it looks like the standings are final.

As for the ride, it seems like most are available for 4/2. Let's see how the weather shakes out over the next few weeks and call it as the time gets nearer.

Top Bottom