Official: 2018-2019 mtbNJ.com Fantasy Football League Thread - Utah wins the cup, still thinks oobaa47 is Timothy McVeigh

jmanic

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
Staff member
JORBA.ORG
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Also, pocket dogs running into his bye week hell, might get unseated at #1 this week...
screen-shot-2018-10-09-at-11-48-11-am-png.78511
Yeah, this may be a problem.
Perfect storm of a bye week with Dead Sailors floating on the stormy seas.

UtahJoe

Team Workhorse
Team MTBNJ Halter's
oh this was rich....

ESPN Fantasy Football trade proposed to you in league mtbNJ Fantasy FootballTo: #4 London Silly Nanies (LSN) - Joe PetrarcaFrom: #2 Dead Sailors (DS) - Chris Henning
LSN would trade
Travis Kelce, KC TE
Quincy Enunwa, NYJ WR​

DS would trade
George Kittle, SF TE (THIS SAME GEORGE KITTLE WHO LEFT THE FIELD LIKE THIS ON SUNDAY)
fJmTho.gif

and
Lamar Miller, Hou RB....LAMAR MILLER???????????
source.gif

Why your at it, will you throw in Brandon Jacobs too?

This deal needs a revision or two.

Pearl

THIS CHANGES EVERYTHING
eli looks like he isnt sure if his mom or dad are going to be picking him up from the movie theater

barkley is a fantasy goldmine though, 33.4 points for the pocket dawgssssss. his numbers this week looked like a solid WR and solid RB combined.

Usually ESPN is garbage with fantasy discussion, but they nailed it this time:

Barkley had 13 carries for 130 yards, including a 50-yard touchdown Thursday night. He also caught nine of 12 targets for 99 more yards.
Barkley is game-flow-proof, quarterback-proof and offensive line-proof. He's a major weapon in the passing game and capable of taking a play to the house at any moment. No matter how bad it gets for the Giants, a healthy Barkley is a top-five fantasy player.

jShort

2018 Fantasy Football Toilet Bowl Lead Technician
Team MTBNJ Halter's
OBJ gets a lot of shit but he's kinda right. Eli is playing like shit. We just don't need lil Wayne mext to him during interviews, because that just makes him look like an idiot. Funny how he was a "model citizen" till he got paid.

im happy for the disaster that is NYG football so I can stop hearing about the NYY.

UtahJoe

Team Workhorse
Team MTBNJ Halter's
How did that work out
What a Giants dumpster fire
Your rookie running back gets 100 yards in both ground and recieving and only 13 points, pathetic.
As a giants fan...Eh im not so bummed out about it... Barkley is obviously as good as everyone thought...maybe better. Eli was on his last leg last year, so watching him isnt too surprising....but after watching Darnold, Allen and Rosen this year, I agree with taking Barkely over any of them...Maybe not mayfield, but the other 3 have been awful thus far. Granted they are rookies on teams that never do anything so who knows yet. BUT...give me giants problems all day over oakland problems...Backed up the brinks truck to give Derek Carr 5 years 125 million, 100 million to Chucky and the team is as bad as ever. Your stuck with captain eyeliner/chucky, but thankfully stonehands is still on his rookie deal.

jnos

I'm done watching the Giants. EVERY snap is either a run or a short pass to the RBs. Eli has 1 second to get the ball off or else he gets murdered. I can't even evaluate whether Eli is dogshit because he doesn't have time to throw the ball more than 5 yards.

mattybfat

The Opinion Police
Team MTBNJ Halter's
At least they can score and be in the game. Your team actually has talent but is as dysfunctional and probably going to lose out the rest of the year. Put a fork in them. I will take my up side over the giants. That coach of yours actually said he saw good effort out there, LOL! He maybe should go look at the tape again and reassess.
Maybe your 90million man should beat up on something that will punch back, he is a joke also.

jShort

Team MTBNJ Halter's
but after watching Darnold, Allen and Rosen this year, I agree with taking Barkely over any of them...Maybe not mayfield, but the other 3 have been awful thus far.

I honestly don't think Darnold has been awful. You're the first person I've heard say that. The 3 losses were against top 5 defenses, (edit: that was a BS stat, not sure where I read that). which is kinda rough for a rookie. Regardless, You can't judge a rookie QB after 5 games anyways. Maybe he will be a bust.

I agree Barkley is a beast. Those runs were ridiculous. The problem is that it was all for nothing. Let's keep comparing him to Barry Sanders. And while we're at it, we can compare the Giants to the Lions teams he played for.
The Giants lost the gamble on Eli and thinking he had some years left.

Last edited:

UtahJoe

Team Workhorse
Team MTBNJ Halter's
At least they can score and be in the game. Your team actually has talent but is as dysfunctional and probably going to lose out the rest of the year. Put a fork in them. I will take my up side over the giants. That coach of yours actually said he saw good effort out there, LOL! He maybe should go look at the tape again and reassess.
Really? they scored over 20 pts once against the browns and got blown out by the freaking dolphins...Are you sure your not watching old tapes of the of the 84 raiders? :)

I honestly don't think Darnold has been awful. You're the first person I've heard say that. The 3 losses were against top 5 defenses, which is kinda rough for a rookie. Regardless, You can't judge a rookie QB after 5 games anyways. Maybe he will be a bust.

I agree Barkley is a beast. Those runs were ridiculous. The problem is that it was all for nothing. Let's keep comparing him to Barry Sanders. And while we're at it, we can compare the Giants to the Lions teams he played for.

Maybe awful is too strong for Darnold, but you cant really say at this point...(Which is still basically at 0 for a rookie QB) that hes even played better than Eli. I mean yes they won last week, he had 10 completed passes and his RB set the jets record for yards in a game....I havent seen him do anything on the level that Mayfield has. Allen has been unwatchable. And barkely can be compared to Sanders when he does it for 10 straight years....until then, there is 1 barry sanders.

I think partly they thought he could get thru another 8-8 year at best....But I really dont think they liked Allen, Darnold or Rosen...and the 3 teams that took those QBs were absolutely desperate for a QB....Plus if you take a QB in the top 10...you cant really have him and a guy making franchise money on the roster...It makes no sense to tie up that much of the cap for QBs. So somebody was going to have to go and I dont think Mara wanted to kick Eli to the curb for anything less than a sure thing QB. Like right now if Allen was out there throwing for 88 yards like he did last week....People would be wanting Eli back...Much like they still want Romo back in Dallas lol.

jShort

Team MTBNJ Halter's
I think partly they thought he could get thru another 8-8 year at best....

This is crazy. Then you take a shot at the QB.

They had to think they are a win now team to sign OBJ and draft a stud RB.

UtahJoe

Team Workhorse
Team MTBNJ Halter's
This is crazy. Then you take a shot at the QB.

They had to think they are a win now team to sign OBJ and draft a stud RB.
Why? if they dont like him they you are TRAPPED with him for years....ala Mark Sanchez, RGIII, Ryan Tennehill, Jamarcus Russel, Josh Freeman, Paxton lynch... I could go on and on......1st round bust QBs are crippling for a long time so you better be sure if you take one.

jShort

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Why? if they dont like him they you are TRAPPED with him for years....ala Mark Sanchez, RGIII, Ryan Tennehill, Jamarcus Russel, Josh Freeman, Paxton lynch... I could go on and on......1st round bust QBs are crippling for a long time so you better be sure if you take one.

Then take a O or D line. Chubbs would have made that line sick. RBs have such a short shelf life that by the time they get a QB, he may be shot.
My point is their moves didn't dictate them looking at a .500 year from Eli. They were all in.

Top Bottom