Official: 2018-2019 mtbNJ.com Fantasy Football League Thread - Utah wins the cup, still thinks oobaa47 is Timothy McVeigh

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
It looks like we may have 12 teams this year, so not sure how much that is going to change things with bench space with 12 full rosters... anyone have experience in a 12 team league with short benches?

In my 12 team leagues, they either have a 6 man or 7 man bench.....

trying not to make 80% of the strategy to be blocking the other owners - just 50%...

Pearl

THIS CHANGES EVERYTHING
BREAKING: WE ARE TURNED UP TO 12
DETAILS BEING FINALIZED, BUT mtbNJ.com FANTASY LEAGUE IS NOW 12 TEAMS DEEP!*
*unless someone quits randomly
Wow, at the 11th hour, days before the first inaugural draft picking week, we have signed preliminary paperwork for the two new expansion teams, wow.
Monday starts the first pick of the draft pick sessions. I'm hoping that every day we will have the team manager be able to pick their spot. So with that being said,

@jmanic, you unofficially on the clock!
Remember, you are picking where you would like to DRAFT, so choose wisely!

@jmanic's Pocket Dogs have the first pick in the inaugural pick your draft pick spot. finished the year 6-8, but his high score in the Golden Turd Triple Threat Match gives him the number one pick. 6th overall in points for and almost squeaking into the playoffs last year. Last years top picks of Melvin Gordon and AJ Green looked good on paper, but @jmanic seemed to fall apart picking Isaiah fucking Crowell in the third and buying into the DeVante Parker in the 8th, Then another Cleveland RB in Duke Johnson. Oof.

Recap of the draft picking schedule:
1. Highest scoring in Golden Turd Triple Threat match - @jmanic - pick by EOD Aug 6
2. Second highest scoring in Golden Turd Triple Threat match - @Carson - Aug 7
3. Highest score in "Winners" Toilet Bowl - @elzoller - Aug 8
4. Second highest score in "Winners Toilet Bowl - @Chris26er - Aug 9
5. Third highest score in "Winners" Toilet Bowl - @fidodie - Aug 10
6. Fourth Place Overall - @jnos - Aug 13
7. Third Place Overall - @pearl - Aug 14
8. Guacamole Cup Runner-Up - @UtahJoe - Aug 15
9. Guacamole Cup Winner - @stb222 - Aug 16
10. Golden Turd Winner - @jShort - Aug 17
11. Expansion Team #1 - @oobaa47 - Aug 20
12. Expansion Team #2 - @1sh0t1b33r - Mr. Irrelevant

Last edited:

Pearl

THIS CHANGES EVERYTHING
I should have clarified, you just reply here with what spot you want to pick and I will fill it in on the next post.

jmanic

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
Staff member
JORBA.ORG
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I should have clarified, you just reply here with what spot you want to pick and I will fill it in on the next post.
No, I got that, I was just tryna log in and it ended up all Jaked.

elzoller

El Guac-Oh
why am i not getting notices.....I thought I was "watching" this thread!! :eek:

Lots of activity.... I see the new set up and I loving it!!!

CrazyAbsoluteIvorygull.gif

I like expansion!! I like all the rules....finally COMMISH PEARL listened to me!!! ;)

yes...you get an IR spot...that's the 'normal' set up....once he is out of IR, you need to drop the 'extra player'

12 teams with 5 bench should be cake......

I am in a 12 team league with 3 bench spots.... It really makes you think about who you are adding/dropping and it also lends itself to more trades..... FAIR TRADES :rolleyes:

when you have tons of bench spots you just add for the sake of adding and for 'cock-blocking' the other managers......which I get...could be fun sometimes....

jShort

2018 Fantasy Football Toilet Bowl Lead Technician
Team MTBNJ Halter's
BREAKING: WE ARE TURNED UP TO 12
DETAILS BEING FINALIZED, BUT mtbNJ.com FANTASY LEAGUE IS NOW 12 TEAMS DEEP!*
*unless someone quits randomly
Wow, at the 11th hour, days before the first inaugural draft picking week, we have signed preliminary paperwork for the two new expansion teams, wow.
Monday starts the first pick of the draft pick sessions. I'm hoping that every day we will have the team manager be able to pick their spot. So with that being said,

@jmanic, you unofficially on the clock!
Remember, you are picking where you would like to DRAFT, so choose wisely!

@jmanic's Pocket Dogs have the first pick in the inaugural pick your draft pick spot. finished the year 6-8, but his high score in the Golden Turd Triple Threat Match gives him the number one pick. 6th overall in points for and almost squeaking into the playoffs last year. Last years top picks of Melvin Gordon and AJ Green looked good on paper, but @jmanic seemed to fall apart picking Isaiah fucking Crowell in the third and buying into the DeVante Parker in the 8th, Then another Cleveland RB in Duke Johnson. Oof.

Recap of the draft picking schedule:
1. Highest scoring in Golden Turd Triple Threat match - @jmanic - pick by EOD Aug 6
2. Second highest scoring in Golden Turd Triple Threat match - @Carson - Aug 7
3. Highest score in "Winners" Toilet Bowl - @elzoller - Aug 8
4. Second highest score in "Winners Toilet Bowl - @Chris26er - Aug 9
5. Third highest score in "Winners" Toilet Bowl - @fidodie - Aug 10
6. Fourth Place Overall - @jnos - Aug 13
7. Third Place Overall - @pearl - Aug 14
8. Guacamole Cup Runner-Up - @UtahJoe - Aug 15
9. Guacamole Cup Winner - @stb222 - Aug 16
10. Golden Turd Winner - @jShort - Aug 17
11. Expansion Team #1 - @oobaa47 - Aug 20
12. Expansion Team #2 - @1sh0t1b33r - Mr. Irrelevant

It's actually kind of an advantage to pick so late because somebody's first round pick may break their leg. So take that for your golden turd.

Pearl

THIS CHANGES EVERYTHING
It's actually kind of an advantage to pick so late because somebody's first round pick may break their leg. So take that for your golden turd.
You may be picking first, we are only picking for draft location y0

I hear that the Pocket Dogs war room has been going WILD with debate on where to pick, this really sets the tone for the whole season... :popcorn:

Reactions: w_b
Top Bottom