official 2017-2018 biyf thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

rick81721

Lothar
Final week. As my son is here visiting during spring break (in fact he likes it so much he's staying longer, was originally going to leave yesterday) I knew this would be the shortest week for me. And so it was:

5 rides
8 hr, 50 min
172 miles

Since I only had time for shorter road rides, I upped the intensity. Averaged 19.5 mph for the week, best ever for me. Plus today I did a 40 mile ride at 20.4 mph, another record.

Anywho, only one selfie pic:

28754492_595735954105472_4070134279269515264_n.jpg

Unrelated but my son and I went on a fantastic bass fishing trip at Lake Okeechobee - caught my biggest bass ever - 8 lbs, 10 oz - it was so big it couldn't even fit in the pic!:

28436291_186247808770951_5817864614993461248_n.jpg

Total riding time for this "playing along" BIYF = 148 hrs. Looks like a solid 2nd place in both mortal and elite categories.

Congrats to @Kaleidopete for the win!

FitmanNJ

I finished up the BIFY with the Snowball's Chance event today. The announced 5 to 6 mile ride
turned into 10.5, and kicked my butt. Conditions deteriorated throughout the ride, getting soft
and slushy and muddy. The beer and pizza was great and all the riders did a great job! I even
saw @FitmanNJ there and had a nice chat.
View attachment 65645
Good talking to you, too, Pete. If it's seems like I just disappeared before the end of the ride, well, I did! I could see I was running late for an appointment I had back in NJ and asked the ride leader for directions to quickly return to the starting point. I was kicking myself for making that commitment!

shrpshtr325

Infinite Source of Sarcasm
Team MTBNJ Halter's
theres no place # on the spreadsheet! i dont wanna count to see i was 50/53 (or whatever place i ended up in)!!!!!!!!!!

also, are the columns in the same order? does time or score matter for final standings?!?!??!! :D ;):thumbsup::popcorn:

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
theres no place # on the spreadsheet! i dont wanna count to see i was 50/53 (or whatever place i ended up in)!!!!!!!!!!

also, are the columns in the same order? does time or score matter for final standings?!?!??!! :D ;):thumbsup::popcorn:

i guess i could figure out how to add the ordinal values for place -

Score was just a numbers thing that was being tested. Getting more points for being at the top of a weekly board when more people ride.
Not sure it captured what i wanted, because fewer people rode in the tougher weather weeks, thus less points. I might try something where
the minimum assigned points is based on the number of entries that don't ride too.

we'll also have legalized gambling next year. odds will come out around thanksgiving......

shrpshtr325

Infinite Source of Sarcasm
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Congrats on the upgrade to Elite next year @Kaleidopete @pygmypony @goodvibe and @huffster

View attachment 65675

congrats on the upgrade boys!

i guess i could figure out how to add the ordinal values for place -

Score was just a numbers thing that was being tested. Getting more points for being at the top of a weekly board when more people ride.
Not sure it captured what i wanted, because fewer people rode in the tougher weather weeks, thus less points. I might try something where
the minimum assigned points is based on the number of entries that don't ride too.

we'll also have legalized gambling next year. odds will come out around thanksgiving......

this will add an extra element of fun!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom