official 2017-2018 biyf thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robin

Midweek practices started today for our P2 team. Practicing skills and riding paved paths since there is still snow on the ground.

IMG_20180313_174515.jpg
IMG_20180313_175857.jpg
IMG_20180313_183346_1.jpg

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
Got an hour and change in today Fatbikin' around cushetunk. conditions in the woods were tough with trees down,
and extra slick snow on the climbs, cause it was over frozen leaves - cush is north facing.
Saw people with horses in there today. I think that was a first. They were not easily getting by some of those trees.

IMG_0240.JPG
IMG_0241.JPG
IMG_0239.JPG

huffster

Wawayanda today. It had been awhile. Mainly, because I know they got a shit-ton of snow.

I started by trying to break trail on William Hofferlin (sp?) trail going south. After climbing the 4' snow bank I made it about 1/4 mile before I gave up on that. The snow is at least a foot deep and soft. After laying down in the snow twice, I knew it would be a long HAB if I pressed on. Tires are 4.8" and running at like 3psi.

Anyway, I went north instead for a bit following the trails that the snowmobiles had packed. This riding was really nice! Still work, but enjoyable. Crisp and cold out, but sunny. I only laid down in the snow one more time, way out on Timber trail. Got in 12.6 miles. That took just under 3 hours, which would normally be under 2 hours.

IMG_0535[1].JPG

IMG_0536[1].JPG

IMG_0538[1].JPG

Kaleidopete

Wawayanda today. It had been awhile. Mainly, because I know they got a shit-ton of snow.

I started by trying to break trail on William Hofferlin (sp?) trail going south. After climbing the 4' snow bank I made it about 1/4 mile before I gave up on that. The snow is at least a foot deep and soft. After laying down in the snow twice, I knew it would be a long HAB if I pressed on. Tires are 4.8" and running at like 3psi.

Anyway, I went north instead for a bit following the trails that the snowmobiles had packed. This riding was really nice! Still work, but enjoyable. Crisp and cold out, but sunny. I only laid down in the snow one more time, way out on Timber trail. Got in 12.6 miles. That took just under 3 hours, which would normally be under 2 hours.

View attachment 65399

View attachment 65401

View attachment 65402
Good job! How'd ya like that Iron Mountain loop! A few shitty spots Ay!

w_b

Winding it up. Had a couple night patrol car dodgers. Rolled up on a cop sleeping in his cruiser in the church lot; nice. Keeping us safe. He didn't even stir.

Hoping to hit the trails agin after work tom'w. Go get some!

IMG_1953.JPG

Last edited:

pygmypony

just been commutin’ to and fro work and then to the high school for the high school musical...my daughter in the blue vest on the right...

shameless promo...if you live in the area, jp stevens theater co is doing cry-baby: the musical...two more nights...friday and sat...7pm...tons of fun so come on out!
0E54414C-06B6-49A1-88BC-38E1D7A21D01.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom