Not open for further replies.

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
BIYF 2017-2018:
Start Date: 12/25/2017
End Date: 3/18/2018 - Weekend of HOH.

Rules:
You must have strava and record your rides - I don't need to follow you, and you can even have your profile private.
Strava is going to count trainer rides - i encourage you to hide them, so i don't have extra work
Must be in our strava group. Yes, feel free to sign-up late, and ride the crap out of your bike to catch up. The group can't see individual rides if your profile is private.
The ride has to be posted to strava before Noon on Wednesday of the following week - strava rolls off weekly data, don't make work for me.
Exceptions paid in cookies may be available.

Scoring: Total Moving time on a self-powered bike as recorded by Strava - https://www.strava.com/clubs/BIYF2017
(strava uses names, I won't post them here) --
Alternate scoring for mortals - total of weekly rank of those who rode. so if 10 people ride, the one with the most hours gets a 10, least a 1, everyone else a 0.
Mortals get 1 bonus point for each elite player beaten that week.

Depending on how i feel, I'll push the current week's leaderboard from strava to the spreadsheet - so it will only be slightly lagging. - Yes, i could scrape the data automatically, no, i'm not going to.

Leaderboard:

In next post

Playas:
I don't know everyone's strava name -> mtbnj handle - if you see a ? by something that looks like you,
PM me and i'll update the translator. Also, if you are missing from the list, and are 'in' - let me know, i probably messed up the translation from strava.

Anyone else?

Perhaps we should break into Team @liong71er and Team @jimvreeland for additional silliness and motivation.

Frank
shrpshtr325
knobbyhead
BCurry
Hot Action
Reggie Hammond
Chris(NJ)
Madison Dan
Teabagger11
mattybfat
DoubleD25
ekuhn
Eric aka Zeke?
terrabike01
i ride after 5
huffster
Jmanic
jackx
liong71er
JimN
JimVreeland
Pygmypny
Kaleidopete
ryderX
1sh0t1b33r
Michael.su
02Camaro
Norm
fidodie
pxs231
rlb
Robin
Scotth
m3tim
theGock
qclabrat
w_b
Pampa
bigW
Po123
Wonderturtle
FatBikeMike
CrankAddictRich

Last edited:

Patrick

Staff member
The leaderboard is now active. Timestamp on first page is last time i modified the spreadsheet (any modification, not just adding the rides)

I can't figure out how to turn off the hyperlink for Mike!!! .su is the TLD for the soviet union. Can't make this stuff up! (i could just take the . out...nah)[/MEDIA]

Last edited:

jmanic

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
Staff member
JORBA.ORG
Team MTBNJ Halter's
In, I guess.
IMG_9286.JPG

Patrick

Staff member
i cannot even take a guess at what BIYF stands for. help an idiot out

Base-in-your-face

Annual base mileage competition to keep people motivated, and tell their cool weather riding stories. About 10 weeks of riding.

I've only been on the board 6 years or so, but this seems to go back a bit.

02camaro

Base-in-your-face

Annual base mileage competition to keep people motivated, and tell their cool weather riding stories. About 10 weeks of riding.

I've only been on the board 6 years or so, but this seems to go back a bit.
gotcha, what they heck.. im in just for fun

Chris(NJ)

gotcha, what they heck.. im in just for fun

You think it's for fun now...wait til there's bonus points for riding in sub arctic temps and you feel guilty for not accumulating them and letting your team down, so you go out for an hour ride against your better judgement anyway and then can't feel your extremities for the rest of the day. Then you start to question what your definition of fun was when you started ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom