official 2017-2018 biyf thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

huffster

Another local ride on the fat-bike crashing thru snow banks and such. Found some local stuff that had been packed down by jeeps and quads. So, did get a little more off-road time today.

IMG_0529[1].JPG

shrpshtr325

Infinite Source of Sarcasm
Team MTBNJ Halter's
i walked my new-to-me fatbike in the snow. I heard it is a thing.
then i broke the chain. And walked it some more.
no pictures for me.
two hours in the park, a little under 4 miles. #ripping

when did you get a fatbike? which one?

pygmypony

did a mega middlesex county loop yesterday...saw lots of storm damage unfortunately...and did my fair share of gas line, rutgers, railroad hike-a-bike...

IMG_4583.jpg

total hike-a-bike here...brutal
IMG_4584.jpg

a tree down at the simon van wickle house
IMG_4588.jpg

donaldson park...'twas a mess
IMG_4595.jpg

while at donaldson, two eagle took off from the river bank...they were about 20 feet from me...but i couldn't get my phone out fast enough...

i swear, if you look closery, you can see a white speck across the river...that's the bald eagle's head
IMG_4594.jpg

the obligatory "disco sucks" photo...i will give anyone a vinyl copy of the saturday fever soundtrack if you can find this!
IMG_4601.jpg

and more hike-a-bike along the tracks in keasby...tough going there...
IMG_4602.JPG

so i did all that saturday even though i stubbed the crap out of one of my toes on friday nite...not bad enough to not ride, but it hurt nonetheless...because i'm an idiot, i couldn't resist the beautiful weather today and went to allaire...while going up a climb on tiger woods, i blasted the same toe on a root/stump...it hurt...a lot...here's a photo for your amusement...guess which toe?!
IMG_4614.jpg

good luck all on the last week of BIYF, and thanks to @fidodie for your scorekeeping!

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
did a mega middlesex county loop yesterday...saw lots of storm damage unfortunately...and did my fair share of gas line, rutgers, railroad hike-a-bike...

View attachment 65228
total hike-a-bike here...brutal
View attachment 65229
a tree down at the simon van wickle house
View attachment 65230
donaldson park...'twas a mess
View attachment 65231
while at donaldson, two eagle took off from the river bank...they were about 20 feet from me...but i couldn't get my phone out fast enough...

i swear, if you look closery, you can see a white speck across the river...that's the bald eagle's head
View attachment 65232

the obligatory "disco sucks" photo...i will give anyone a vinyl copy of the saturday fever soundtrack if you can find this!
View attachment 65233
and more hike-a-bike along the tracks in keasby...tough going there...
View attachment 65234

so i did all that saturday even though i stubbed the crap out of one of my toes on friday nite...not bad enough to not ride, but it hurt nonetheless...because i'm an idiot, i couldn't resist the beautiful weather today and went to allaire...while going up a climb on tiger woods, i blasted the same toe on a root/stump...it hurt...a lot...here's a photo for your amusement...guess which toe?!
View attachment 65235

good luck all on the last week of BIYF, and thanks to @fidodie for your scorekeeping!

Ouch! dats a nasty toe.

YW! Easiest year to score, but it did cut down on the number of pictures.

Patrick

Staff member
Did a little field-side riding today. Good amount of water, but not much mud because of the grass. Some snow left,
most of it passable. I found these supplies tucked in the woods. Probably have been there for 20 years. Will come in handy
in the near future.

IMG_0225.JPG

huffster

Went to Ringwood today after hearing reports of snowmobiles packing it down some. I should've gone early to get the crunchy stuff, but that just didn't work out. So, as a result even the packed down stuff was getting soft. Despite reducing tire pressure, it was a slow trudge and there were some obstacles (see pic1). After a little while on the fire-roads, I rode around on the park roads.

IMG_0530[1].JPG

IMG_0532[1].JPG

Attachments

• IMG_E0533[1].JPG
    IMG_E0533[1].JPG
    116.6 KB · Views: 161
Last edited:

Patrick

Staff member
Jumped on the D&R in Zarephath(sp?) today. Worked my way downstream towards Piscataway.
Cleared everything that was blocking the trail except 1 hanger, and 1 to-big-to-move. There are still branches and debris, which
i figured the hikers would throw off the trail - but no, they just walk around it. The shape of the river in that area means the wind shifts
as the ride progresses. Also had a low pressure system moving in, which made an interesting downhill in both directions on the computer.
Anyway, about 90 minutes moving, barely.

Some pics of the old lock near Zarephath.
IMG_0231.JPG
IMG_0229.JPG
IMG_0230.JPG

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom