official 2017-2018 biyf thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaleidopete

Ok trails by me were soggy, so off to the beach I went. 50 mins. Is anybody here missing a #1 green bouy?

View attachment 63017
or an anchor
TROG17_34.jpg

Kaleidopete

Today was more like a workout than a ride. There was an inch and a half of hard frozen crusty snow/ice that you had to grind through.
It felt like my brakes were on the whole time. A real struggle, but a good day after all being the first one out there and seeing all the
icy tree branches and frozen trails. I only got 6.5 miles in before I crapped out.

2_22.jpg
2_21.jpg

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
Rode with @KenS from the Philly Art Museum area. He was nice enough to provide a tour of the Belmont Plateau.
Since Ken is proud member of the coast guard (retired) - I figured he'd be accustom to dragging an anchor around.
I couldn't get over a decent sized log today - just had a mental block. 1/4 mile into the ride, i go for a log and knee my
bike computer. it comes flying off. Broke the mount, so i stuck it in my back pocket. Which explains the nice 57deg average temp.
Anyway, longest ride of the year in time. Oh, and the back pocket cost me 2 miles of distance because of all the twisties.

Thanks again for the tour! Fun trails

One of the cities in the Superbowl

IMG_8355.JPG

Why is @KenS smiling?
IMG_8353.JPG

The line at Tonewood brewery - the longer part of the line was inside.
IMG_8356.JPG

IMG_8357.JPG

The Score!
IMG_8358.JPG

huffster

I had rain by me last night (Thu) so I figured it was a washout gym kind of day, today. Then I saw Pete’s early ride and realized there was snow in them there hills. Had a family reason to head north and I got some insight that it snowed up there, so I headed to Stewart State Forest. It was a layer of ice coated in snow, but the ice was filled with “nooks and crannies” providing for surprisingly good traction. It was cold out again, especially when the wind picked up.

E2BB9D7B-4A01-40C8-B6DA-2BD9E17431F9.jpeg

D90C0D37-2EB2-4364-BD32-83BB17AC39DA.jpeg

6D24CD12-4EE5-4BF9-B792-2BC3E81510BE.jpeg

KenS

JORBA: Director
JORBA.ORG
Why is @KenS smiling?

Because you almost got a pic of me texting by jamming my face into my phone!

Great ride today. Not an anchor at all. I had no idea that you broke your mount. Proof that @fidodie is tough as nails. More proof, every time I asked about bailing early (It was fairly cold with the windchill) he just said "keep going" and pretty much smiled the whole ride.
Screenshot_20180202-224325.jpg

IMG_20180202_225635_428.jpg

MadisonDan

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Our NICA practice was moved to a later start, at 11am, which conflicted with family plans, so I took the CX bike out for a multi surface ride. Traction to Morristown -> Patriots Path to Mendham -> Road back to Madison. 29+ miles, about 2:15 moving time, and between 16-22 degrees. Once you get out and moving, as long as you're layered the right way, the cold weather really is refreshing.
IMG_0066.JPG

Large tree down on Patriots Path on the section halfway to Cold Hill Road heading West.
IMG_0067.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom