Odd happenings on the road

rick81721

Lothar
Didn't know where to put this so started a new thread. Ever ride down a hill on the road and have a bird chirping in your ear so loudly you think your bike is falling apart? Happened today on Wertzville road. Sudden loud chirping sounded like a wheel was falling off - lasted several seconds before I realized it wasn't the bike but a bird. It must have been flying along near my head for it to be that loud for that duration. Weird.

I get the BIG leaf stuck between the fork & tire that makes a woooosh, like I'm losing air from my tire.

Ha I think I got bird rolled

a9e81d3840d2abea11390bd74c7ad1b3.jpg

Had a funny occurrence today: stopped at a T-intersection to turn left and some clown in a Tesla is behind me. Apparently he/she was so upset to have to wait 10 seconds for me to turn left that they executed a smokeless, soundless coal roll, whizzing (literally) by at high speed.

You’ve lost your GD mind you old fart.

Hallucinating about little birdies chirping around your head. next thing you’ll tell us is you were attacked by a pack of black birds or coal rolled by the same white truck multiple times.

I’ve had birds fly along side me - especially on canal road. It’s pretty cool to see and keep up with them.

Not on the road, but the coolest thing I have had happen was while flying down the pipeline in the Sourlands, about three turkeys took off and soared down the hill right in front of me.

The strangest thing I have had happen, again not on the road, was when a screech owl latched onto my helmet during a fight club ride. I looked up, saw owl eyes, and the thing dive-bombed my head. It held on for a solid second or two. I think @michael.su was there...

I ran over a cat when I was about 10. Friggin thing ran right out in front of me, sent me over the bars, laying in the road while a dump truck was coming.

I see dead people... just sayin
This is why we need mind memory transform. I can still see that frigiin cat under the front wheel of my Raleigh w/the 3 speed Sturmey Archer shifter...Oh and the truck slaming on the brakes behind me. lol

New record for me today - got coal rolled twice in one ride. First in Hillsborough on Hamilton road, then Franklin on Canal road south of 6mr. Fun times!

25 mph zone,with speed bumps, next to an Elementary School, and Edison Boys Baseball. And dis guy’s a professional... WTF?

78151FFF-B598-4940-B756-1DE3A695A0F1.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom