Oct 28-30 2016 Vermont MTB Trip - Kingdom Trails

trek007

Burke Mountain has already good coverage on the slopes. Idk if it's open though. I already reserved a 2 night stay and really don't want to loose out on $$. Who wants to take the journey up there ? I have a CB radio in the truck ;)

trek007

Near Hesston, PA I see. Way warmer and less chance of rain. Might just head out there instead and stay a night or two. Thanks RS!!!

Last edited:

Rdoonz

Switch the trip to Raystown..
You won't be disappointed.....
+1 for Raystown Lake/Allegrippis - The north side (with Ray's Revenge and Hydro) is my personal favorite. You can combine the trails in so many different ways it never gets old. If only I had a free weekend, I would head out with you in a heartbeat. Have fun, and check out Boxer's Bar/Restaurant while your there for a good meal and grub, plus it's right next to a bike shop;)

jerzey111

Hope you like roller coasters :)
You will understand once you're there. Have fun .
PS: I recommend Fawn to osprey to hydro. Nothing but flooowy downhill.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20161026-185540.jpg
    Screenshot_20161026-185540.jpg
    78.8 KB · Views: 144
Last edited:

trek007

+1 for Raystown Lake/Allegrippis - The north side (with Ray's Revenge and Hydro) is my personal favorite. You can combine the trails in so many different ways it never gets old. If only I had a free weekend, I would head out with you in a heartbeat. Have fun, and check out Boxer's Bar/Restaurant while your there for a good meal and grub, plus it's right next to a bike shop;)
RothRock outfitters is by Boxer's - looks like a nice shop! If you dont have a bike they can still rent them out, I think year-round. SO who's down to go????? There is a camping/food event Sat night I believe out by the trails/lake. Looking like its going to be almost 70!

Last edited:

Rdoonz

RothRock outfitters is by Boxer's - looks like a nice shop! If you dont have a bike they can still rent them out, I think year-round. SO who's down to go????? There is a camping/food event Sat night I believe out by the trails/lake. Looking like its going to be almost 70!
I believe Rothrock and Boxer's have the same owner.

Rothrock Outfitters is an awesome shop. I was there in July and after 2 days of hard riding, my bike was mis-shifting in a bad way. My buddy and I headed over to Boxer's to grab some food and beer. I was contemplating what I was going to do about riding the next day. I decided to stop by Rothrock's, a half hour before closing, to see if they could check out my bike. I totally expected them to tell me they couldn't look at the bike until the next day.

Evan, one of the mechanics at Rothrock, asked if I had the bike with me so he could take a look at it. I ran out to my truck, brought my bike back, and he took it for a spin to figure out what was going on. In literally 5 minutes he adjusted the cable on the rear derailleur, and had it shifting like brand new.

After Rothrock closed, the whole crew came over to Boxer's for dinner and beers, I think it's a regular thing for them. We had a couple of beers and shot the shit for about half an hour. Bottom line, Rothrock is an awesome shop with a bunch of great guys. If you make it in to town, you should stop by and check out the shop.

trek007

Rothrock Outfitters is an awesome shop. I was there in July and after 2 days of hard riding, my bike was mis-shifting in a bad way. My buddy and I headed over to Boxer's to grab some food and beer. I was contemplating what I was going to do about riding the next day. I decided to stop by Rothrock's, a half hour before closing, to see if they could check out my bike. I totally expected them to tell me they couldn't look at the bike until the next day.

Evan, one of the mechanics at Rothrock, asked if I had the bike with me so he could take a look at it. I ran out to my truck, brought my bike back, and he took it for a spin to figure out what was going on. In literally 5 minutes he adjusted the cable on the rear derailleur, and had it shifting like brand new.

After Rothrock closed, the whole crew came over to Boxer's for dinner and beers, I think it's a regular thing for them. We had a couple of beers and shot the shit for about half an hour. Bottom line, Rothrock is an awesome shop with a bunch of great guys. If you make it in to town, you should stop by and check out the shop.
Thanks for the heads up. I will definitely be there no doubt right around this time ;)

jerzey111

Th

Rothrock Outfitters is an awesome shop...
Second that, once I forgot pedals for both bikes. Lent them to us for no charge . I returned them along w/ case of beer. Def good guys over there.

trek007

Th

Second that, once I forgot pedals for both bikes. Lent them to us for no charge . I returned them along w/ case of beer. Def good guys over there.
Must be a good owner. I hope to meet up with some locals tomorrow evening and maybe ride with them Saturday.

Top Bottom