NYC PABT Commuters

Paul H

Fearless OOS Poser
I did get the hairy eyeball from some folks when I started stickering POSS.
But that could be because I look like an IT nerd on workdays.
I'll pretend to steal it next time.
Perhaps you need to get to those mtbnj stickers fast... and the next time wear your team jersey :D

Paul H

Fearless OOS Poser
Day 8... POSS survived the weekend and @jmanic comes thru with more stickers!

[GALLERY=media, 1292]20170619_080554 by C8N posted Jun 19, 2017 at 8:23 AM[/GALLERY]
[GALLERY=media, 1293]20170619_080655 by C8N posted Jun 19, 2017 at 8:23 AM[/GALLERY]

Paul H

Fearless OOS Poser
Day 9 Starting to see rust but more stans!

[GALLERY=media, 1294]20170620_081804 by C8N posted Jun 20, 2017 at 8:29 AM[/GALLERY]

qclabrat

was thinking about your comment on the skiddish ride feel
what size tires are you running?
also flat bars on road bikes don't feel normal to me, may just take more time to adjust

Paul H

Fearless OOS Poser
was thinking about your comment on the skiddish ride feel
what size tires are you running?
also flat bars on road bikes don't feel normal to me, may just take more time to adjust
Not sure on tire size... but they are definitely wider than 25 and I think I pumped it up to 90psi and with the hotter temps now, prolly more now.

I'll go take a look on the tire size a bit later.

POSS is feeling small however. This winter, will need to look into POSA

qclabrat

Not sure on tire size... but they are definitely wider than 25 and I think I pumped it up to 90psi and with the hotter temps now, prolly more now.

I'll go take a look on the tire size a bit later.

POSS is feeling small however. This winter, will need to look into POSA
mustache bars may stretch you out a bit and looks very hipster

qclabrat

I also thought about a longer stem... but the idea of a POSA is growing on me.

Btw, can you fit a flat bar brake lever and shifter on a moustache bar?
yes, but closer to the ends, if using road, use the bends, I have some non-aero road levers if you need them

qclabrat

I have drop bars that was used on the POSS b4 that I can potentially cut... hmmm
I've used both of these and they open the cockpit a bit. Also I believe @Mr.Moto uses the OnOne Mary bars and may be able to comment on his thoughts for commuting use
HBOOFG_P1-1729149625.jpg

HBOOMU-SIL-254_P1.jpg

Mr.Moto

I've used both of these and they open the cockpit a bit. Also I believe @Mr.Moto uses the OnOne Mary bars and may be able to comment on his thoughts for commuting use
HBOOFG_P1-1729149625.jpg

HBOOMU-SIL-254_P1.jpg
I use the Answer protaper 20/20 bar. In the past I have used the On One Mary bar. That style of bar would work fine for a commuter, but I think you are looking for something that will move your reach forward instead of bending back, correct? Either way, I might be able to help. I have On One Mary bars as well as an Origin 8 bullhorn bar if interested.

Paul H

Fearless OOS Poser
I use the Answer protaper 20/20 bar. In the past I have used the On One Mary bar. That style of bar would work fine for a commuter, but I think you are looking for something that will move your reach forward instead of bending back, correct? Either way, I might be able to help. I have On One Mary bars as well as an Origin 8 bullhorn bar if interested.
I think bullhorn is the way to go but not sure how it would work with the existing brake lever and shifter

Mr.Moto

I think bullhorn is the way to go but not sure how it would work with the existing brake lever and shifter
Maybe go to bar end brake levers and a friction shifter.

I was going to do the opposite and use bar end shifters with some old style brake levers until the idea was scrapped for standard drop bars.

Paul H

Fearless OOS Poser
Maybe go to bar end brake levers and a friction shifter.

I was going to do the opposite and use bar end shifters with some old style brake levers until the idea was scrapped for standard drop bars.
Not willing to spend more than $20 if I keep the frame given that the bike could get stolen at any given time.

go suicide fixed gear get rid the brakes and shifters
fixed gear scares me and after work, there are often times when I get lazy and I don't have much energy to go single.

Top Bottom