NYC Greenway: Soundz Express

jmanic

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
Staff member
JORBA.ORG
Team MTBNJ Halter's
@pooriggy may I suggest this?
Walk across the GW,then grab City bike,then head down Greenway..stop by intrepid museum look around snap some selfies then not far from intrepid,
Go to meat packing district,i'm sure you know this rode around check our some cool stuff The Rapha not that far just around that district..
and then head down to GreenwichVillage,
Do you like Bob dylan?if yes then you gotta visit MacDougall street in Greenwich Village. Beer and lots of good stuff..with city bike,you have more flexibility you can ditchoose them anytime and anywhere.

On your way back,back to meat packing again and take a stroll on highline trail about 1.45mile start from meat packing district on Gansevoort street and 14th St near by greenway,it's a elevated concrete rail trail a very nice walk you can ditch the city bike here,
Trail ended at 34th street near javits center,from here get on city bike again,head towards times square take selfies with naked young ladies or just take greenway back to GW,if you have time,go to central park loop,then back again to greenway finally if you really hungry,stop by at Dynosaur BBQ right off 125th i'm pretty sure they serve beer,tho i'm not sure but this is a quite famous joint just before Fairway supermarket,or skip that,near that block there's bar/restaurant nearby,just like Jmanic said.

Have Fun and be safe.
+1 on Dinosaur BBQ, just on the other side (south) of Fairway from the Bier joint.

pooriggy

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Looks like we made it. 26 miles round trip, to the battery and back with a lunch stop at Dinasour BBQ. @adogg , good call on the Ross Dock parking lot. GW Grill had signs all over their lot with explicit warnings of parking in there lot, violaters will be towed.
Wood do again.

20161030_145454.jpg

20161030_145135.jpg

20161030_144456.jpg

Magic

Formerly 1sh0t1b33r
Team MTBNJ Halter's
We said street park at the metered spots! Lol. Glad you guys still had a good time and managed to make it all the way to the end.

jmanic

Staff member
JORBA.ORG
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Thinking about doing another NYC ride soon while we have awesome temps for it, preferably on a Sat. Date to be decided. Who's in?
In like the Donkey Kong depending on which Saturday...

Magic

Formerly 1sh0t1b33r
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Saturday, 11/26 - Tentative date.
Who: Join @jmanic, @soundz, and myself for a tour of NYC Greenway, hopefully peek into Central Park, maybe even Henry Hudson @ PalPark.
What: A casual road ride around NYC, probably the usual 30-50 miles depending on route. We will stop when needed because @C8N will have to pee and I will need coffee.
Where: Metered parking in Fort Lee located here. Unfortunately only Sunday is free parking. Bring quarters, or download MobileNOW! The app is convenient in that you can extended time remotely, but you have to pre-load a minimum $20 to start.
When: TBD, but expect 8am-ish.
Why: Because bicycles.

Will update here if we move the date. Hope to see some of you there!

Last edited:

pooriggy

Team MTBNJ Halter's
I was always told they don't let bikers park there, same with Fort Lee Historic Park. @jmanic?
I parked there with no issues a few weeks ago. There where several other cars unloading bikes as well. I did not see any signs with parking restrictions.
Magic, you pay $20+ to park with the newbs to avoid a 10 minute climb.

Magic

Formerly 1sh0t1b33r
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I parked there with no issues a few weeks ago. There where several other cars unloading bikes as well. I did not see any signs with parking restrictions.
Magic, you pay $20+ to park with the newbs to avoid a 10 minute climb.
More like ~$4 for a full day, but no, I embrace the climbs. Not so much downhill drops, but luckily you don't get those on the road.

Paul H

Fearless OOS Poser
Who: Join @jmanic, @soundz, and myself for a tour of NYC Greenway, hopefully peek into Central Park, maybe even Henry Hudson @ PalPark.
What: A casual road ride around NYC, probably the usual 30-50 miles depending on route. We will stop when needed because @C8N will have to pee and I will need coffee.
Where: Metered parking in Fort Lee located here. Unfortunately only Sunday is free parking. Bring quarters, or download MobileNOW! The app is convenient in that you can extended time remotely, but you have to pre-load a minimum $20 to start.

If it wasn't for family thingamajig... I would be so IN.

jmanic

Staff member
JORBA.ORG
Team MTBNJ Halter's

What about circumnavigating the island? Just to say we did.

Zaskar

Maybe I'll join, been wanting to due this for type of ride for awhile.

I'll leave the politics on the interweb.

Magic

Formerly 1sh0t1b33r
Team MTBNJ Halter's
What about circumnavigating the island? Just to say we did.
That's cool with me. I know you wanted to do that last time too.:) Don't really have a set plan and I'm down for whatever since my century has been checked off already, but CP can always be a later stop if we have folks that have never been there on a bike before.

Santapez

Team MTBNJ Halter's
I'm always a maybe and then bail last minute on these. I'm more likely this time to join...

The spot under the bridge where Iggy posted has the huge uphill but is basically fine for parking.

Beware of Fort Lee Historic Park. They may either charge or ticket. They hated cyclists in the past. I know as my friend worked/works there. Although I think they did only charge a few bucks and that was during the warmer months. YMMV. That's probably where I'd park.

It's uphill after the ride, Iggy's park is dowhill after the ride...

soundz

The Hat
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Beware of Fort Lee Historic Park. They may either charge or ticket. They hated cyclists in the past. I know as my friend worked/works there. Although I think they did only charge a few bucks and that was during the warmer months. YMMV. That's probably where I'd park.

They put legitimate meters there now. It is no longer a free option.

Top Bottom