NYC Greenway: Soundz Express

Magic

Formerly 1sh0t1b33r
Team MTBNJ Halter's
We did this ride back when it was cold as hell this past January, when @liong71er used a magazine as a windbreaker. It's a bit warmer now, but @jmanic and I wanted to give this another whirl. We will be leaving from the entrance to the GWB bike lane, so if you'd like to ride there, plan accordingly. There is metered parking available along Hudson Terrace, but spots are limited so arrive early. The pace is as fast as the slowest rider, but plan for at least 40-50 miles I'd say and we'll take it from there. Here is the ride we did last time to give you an idea of what to expect. This ride took us about 5.5hrs with a stop for Starbucks and a couple of pee breaks. If some people need to break off early, the way back down the Greenway is 99% car free and fairly straight forward back to the GWB. I'd recommend a road bike so you can better keep pace, unless you have a mountain bike with a clicky thingy in the front, and don't forget water and some kind of snack. We're not racing or trying to get anywhere specific, so we can add pit stops for refills or food as needed. I would like to ask @liong71er to be our tour guide again since he knows the city very well.:)

All are welcome!

Date: Rescheduled to Sunday, 8/7/16
Time: 8am
Start Location: George Washington Bridge bike lane entrance, located here.
Distance: Planning for at least 40 miles.

P.S. Remember, the ride only counts if it's on Strava so charge your devices!

Last edited:

Paul H

Fearless OOS Poser
latest

Kirt

JORBA: Chimney Rock, Team MTBNJ.COM
JORBA.ORG
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Might be in for this. Need to see what the family deal is 1st.

mattybfat

The Opinion Police
Team MTBNJ Halter's
And I was expecting you to be at Lackawanna on the 31st!
Change the date
Change the date
Jk they're be other times

soundz

The Hat
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Meters are free on Sundays for the most part. At 8am there should be spots by the bridge but if there isn't there are meters by the Fort Lee high school. Be careful driving/speeding in this area. Fort Lee police mean business.

Paul H

Fearless OOS Poser
Meters are free on Sundays for the most part. At 8am there should be spots by the bridge but if there isn't there are meters by the Fort Lee high school. Be careful driving/speeding in this area. Fort Lee police mean business.
Will you join us on the way in?

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Yeah as Matty says you kinda forgot the camping trip that weekend you said you might be in for. We'll be out there.

Magic

Formerly 1sh0t1b33r
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Yeah as Matty says you kinda forgot the camping trip that weekend you said you might be in for. We'll be out there.
I was trying to but my gf was unavailable because work, so we're out.:(

jumpa

I didn't remember this ride till you mentioned liongs magazine windbreaker ... "I dressed for racing, should have dressed for touring" haha

Reggie

Formerly ReggieHammond
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Holy Hell does this sound like fun. Usually my NYC rides consist of beer stops and bouncing off cabs. Would be nice to be a bit more responsible. Unfortunately, family time is well needed this upcoming weekend. Definitely interested for future rides.

liong71er

Where you guys wanna go?
Coney island? Rocaway beach? During summer time lots of hipster rode their bikes to rockaway beach,lots of foods and beer,there's also a mobile bar serving adult beverages right off from beach,and lot of half naked girls...
Or...

Mitch

Team MTBNJ Halter's
This sounds so what I need right now... But I a wedding in Philly Sat night, plus I have no geared bikes right now... Bummer no SS friendly..

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
This sounds so what I need right now... But I a wedding in Philly Sat night, plus I have no geared bikes right now... Bummer no SS friendly..

How many weddings do you go to a year? Do you get paid for this?

Mitch

Team MTBNJ Halter's
How many weddings do you go to a year? Do you get paid for this?
July 30th Philly, August 21st in North Jersey, Oct 22nd South Jersey, Oct 29th North Jersey, April, Kiwah Islands.. I think that's it for now.

Top Bottom