nujerzidevil MDR Exploration

nujerzidevil

Went to mahlon for my first time. Started at saffins pond... crossed road into fireroad. Green? Took blue trail for a bit to check it out and went on a trail that crossed powerlines. R.interested in fast pace trails like six mile. Any trails at mahlon similar?

Shaggz

A strong 7
Short answer is no. There is a lot of good stuff in there and you barely scratched the surface. But nothing like 6 mile.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SpartaBard

Shaggz..

Where is a good place to start? What trails do you like?

Garmin

Here is a good loop that hits up most of the decent trails at Mahlon. Starting from Saffins Pond is fine, but a bit more complicated since they are doing construction at the dam. The main must-do trails are Stone Gate and Cascade, which are on opposite ends of the park.

nujerzidevil

Ferguson. I see that you have a gps route under the trail directory. I was looking into a gps but do not fully understand the benefits yet. Can I download your map onto a gps and it will guide me into your directions?

Fogerson

Former Resident Nerd
Ferguson. I see that you have a gps route under the trail directory. I was looking into a gps but do not fully understand the benefits yet. Can I download your map onto a gps and it will guide me into your directions?

Moved this out of the conditions thread to it's own :)

It is "Fogerson" :D

A lot of GPS' can do just that; you can download a file and make a course to follow on your GPS. I dunno' if every GPS can do this (my garmin 605 can).

For me, my GPS is really just a fancy cyclometer and ride/mile recorder. Occasionally, I've downloaded a course to follow...but most of the time I ride in places I'm familiar with or I'm with somebody who knows their way around.

nujerzidevil

When I first road six mile or chimney rock I felt lost and thought a gps would help but after the 3rd ride I rode the whole trail and got very :Deasy to navigate. It felt like my first time at six mile when I went to mahlon since I was not with a group to show me around. I like exploring and learning the trails tho.

SpartaBard

When I first road six mile or chimney rock I felt lost and thought a gps would help but after the 3rd ride I rode the whole trail and got very :Deasy to navigate. It felt like my first time at six mile when I went to mahlon since I was not with a group to show me around. I like exploring and learning the trails tho.

But realize exploring at Mahlon can get you very far away from where you parked your car. It is surrounded by thousands of acres of wma. Best to have a gps.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions