Note to self

Dirt

When too tired and therefore approaching obstacle with little momentum, rethink the possibility of hopping off. Crashes off a bridge suck. :eek:

Today rode from home to coldhill, then down to sunrise, then yellow trail at LMP and on the way back I was pushing myself pretty hard. Well, I was beat by the time I got to the bridge by the police station (one with logs). Was going too slow and never made it up. Ended up crashing into the water off the bridge. Ouch. Not entirely sure what happened, but I am pretty sure I was able to get the front tire to hit first which slowed down the fall. Had to lay there for a bit before climbing back up. Guess I should get a new helmet because mine looks like it took a good hit and I don't really remember much about the ride home :eek: Thanks to the gps track, it looks like I went down to Ironia Rd then back to coldhill before finishing off by heading home. All in, an eventfull ride. Figures. I was feeling pretty good about some of the hills that I'd made it up on the yellow trail.

Think tomorrow will be a light day.

Jason

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
Well, I was beat by the time I got to the bridge by the police station (one with logs). Was going too slow and never made it up. Ended up crashing into the water off the bridge.

haha, join the club. I fell off that bridge last December. For the most part, I walk that bridge now.

Rozack

Didn't see any sign of your carnage today! Rode the same route starting at Mountain Ave. Glad to see you where wearing a helmet. My control gets sloppy when I am tired, I usually just slow down until I get my wind back. My problem spot in that area is the little hill at the crossing of Cherry Lane, I never get up that hill without stopping(to many obstacles).

Dirt

Yeah, sounds like the same hill I struggle with every time. If at the bottom it's the one with a few trees then some roots on the way up it's the same one. I'm finally starting to make it but am popping wheelies at the top (too much weight on rear tire trying to keep traction). Couldn't make it up today though.

Yeah, I've had like 10 concussions from competing in freestyle back in the day. So I know the importance of a good brain bucket.

Took it easy today while setting up a treasure hunt for my son (he has to find clues along the ride). Nice relaxing day.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions

Trail Conditions not available
Top Bottom