Not a review but a request for recommendations

Arwen's Mom

Mother of Dragons, Breaker of Chains
Fabric protecting spray.
Like scotchguard

Got a polyester jacket I LOVE.
It got speckled from road spray.
Tried multiple types of cleaners to remove.
:(

So
The Hubby tells me to buy another one, and use one for sloppy days and the other for dry days.
Not a bad idea I guess.

BUT....
What I would like to do is spray on some sort of protectant spray on the new one, just in the back area, to make it stain proof (or close to that).

Suggestions?

Scotchguard works really well. So does the Goretex renewal stuff (DWR). DWR is supposedly thinner and not as "waxy" as stuff like Scotchguard so you will maintain some breathability in your jacket.

Scotchguard works really well. So does the Goretex renewal stuff (DWR). DWR is supposedly thinner and not as "waxy" as stuff like Scotchguard so you will maintain some breathability in your jacket.
Not sure how well the dwr does against stains and even scotch guard just helps the stain not settle in a much.

@Arwen's Mom havenyou tried dish soap? You may have to scrub each spot separately

@Arwen's Mom havenyou tried dish soap? You may have to scrub each spot separately
not dish soap, but 2 other types. one of which is fantastic on grease and even "old" stains that have been set by a drier. Removed some but not all the speckles.

Got my new one. Gonna treat with a nikwax spray i have already, and hope for the best. like was said, badge of honor. Dont sweat the small stuff.

Tried multiple types of cleaners to remove.

I've used WD-40 and Simple Green to remove grease stains from clothes. As most cyclists know, WD-40 on a chain is bad, dirt sticks to it. And Simple Green is a great de-greaser.

Spray on the spot. Let it soak, then rinse in a bucket or wash sink with a little Simple Green. Then put in washer. If you skip the rinse step, the washer will smell like WD-40.

Back
Top Bottom