North of 78 ride ideas today/tomorrow?

KenS

JORBA: Director
JORBA.ORG
I am headed north today and tomorrow and expect some ride time allowance. Most likely tomorrow (Tues) morning. Any thoughts on which bike to take along and where would be the least amount of ice? (Cross, Scalpel or fatty)

I'm thinking Scalpel and Dickerson or Mahlon but open to ideas. I'll be travelling between Sparta and Oxford.

onetracker

I have been out hiking up here in the North quite a bit. Everything in the North is a mess. Northern exposure areas are icy and southern exposure areas are soft. Bring hiking shoes and micro-spikes.

Last edited:

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
the wind will have dried most of rv towards cush - but that is south of 78.....

i'd also bet that there is some serious clean-up to be done. could you swing through wildcat and do some tm to save us time on friday :D

KenS

JORBA.ORG
I'm camped out in Mt. Olive so might take a look at one of the mooch parks tomorrow. Currently 23f so at least everything will be solid. I should have brought the fatty. o_OThanks for the replies everyone.

A Potted Plant

Honorary Sod
I'm camped out in Mt. Olive so might take a look at one of the mooch parks tomorrow. Currently 23f so at least everything will be solid. I should have brought the fatty. o_OThanks for the replies everyone.

Fatties made no difference in ramapo

UtahJoe

Team Workhorse
Team MTBNJ Halter's
report back what you find Ken, but I rode my CX bike thru the randolph trails sunday and they were covered in ice still.

KenS

JORBA.ORG
report back what you find Ken, but I rode my CX bike thru the randolph trails sunday and they were covered in ice still.

North is mostly great. Some ice to walk on white, some magic snow around, some totally clear.

Live action on lumpy bumpy
20190226_115641.jpg

mattybfat

The Opinion Police
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I really have to get up to north more often.
Judging by that route, yes yes you do, lol.
Though you didnt need rescue so that's a plus. I loath the days before GPSing, they truly were adventures.

KenS

JORBA.ORG
Judging by that route, yes yes you do, lol.
Though you didnt need rescue so that's a plus. I loath the days before GPSing, they truly were adventures.

Believe it or not, that was my planned route. Anyplace I did a short out and back was to ride magic snow or turn around at mega ice. The goal was to ride from the hotel to lumpy bumpy then take the fastest way back.

Top Bottom