North Jersey Dirt Epics

JimN

Captain Wildcat
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Anyway, this 13 hour, 100+ mile route is very impressive. I'm sure I will "poach" some of this off of Strava. Thanks for sharing.

No problem, that's the whole point of this thread :)

I put this route together by doing plenty of poaching myself. I've gotten really good at what I'll call "strava researching."

Magic

Formerly 1sh0t1b33r
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I'm gonna start copyrighting all of my routes so I can make a few bucks. Money is tight, N+1 is calling.

How are the wheels so far @JimN ? Big difference? They're perfect for the stuff you ride.

Reggie

Formerly ReggieHammond
Team MTBNJ Halter's
@JimN; you have been a bit of an inspiration to me this year.

I've been working on increasing the length of my weekend rides when time allows. My goal in the next month or so is to do a 50 mile - 4 park ride on the SS hitting up KSVP, Mooch, Deer Park, and Stephens. Was out this weekend and felt great, but had to cut it short do to Father's Day activities at the homestead.

JimN

Captain Wildcat
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I wasn't planning on doing another one of these until the Fall, but the weather doesn't look too bad this weekend and my wife will be out of town. I may attempt some type of Wildcat/Jungle/Ringwood/Ramapo ride. PM me or post up if anyone has any interest in joining.

JimN

Captain Wildcat
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I gots lovely shiz to show u

Yeah, whatchoo got?

I'm planning to start at the Splitrock boat launch and make my way up to Jungle on mostly dirt road/quad trails. I'll probably skip the ridge trail by Hank's Pond this time and just take the power lines to save time, although I could be convinced not to skip it. Depending on when I get to Jungle, I might explore the dirt connector to Ringwood or just take the road. Then from Shepard's Lake I'll do Race/Skylands/Red/Warm Puppy/Red/Yellow/Cannonball down to Pompton Lakes. Then it's like 10ish miles on the road back toward Splitrock where we have some options to get back.

soundz

The Hat
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Yeah, whatchoo got?

I think it looks something like this:

13707589_1037858742997158_3958101802554573882_n.jpg

JimN

Captain Wildcat
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Sat is best, but maybe I can make it to JH by 2'ish on Sunday.

I need to be at Shepard's Lake heading south by like 1-2pm, so that's not going to work unless I abandon my current plan and figure something else out. Saturday should be fine.

Top Bottom