Nockamixon, PA

1speed

Incredibly profound yet fantastically flawed
ha. thats my handlebars anyway. looks fun dry doesn tit?

We did ride a week ago Sunday around 10 a.m., and temps were in the upper teens. It was frozen mud, which meant that there were tire ruts EVERYWHERE. It was really fun, but it felt like were riding at French Creek or something -- the ground was so rock hard that the ruts felt like rocks. Thr creek crossings were exciting, too -- solid ice on the rocks, with freezing water to either side. I wouldn't even try it, but one of the guys with us gave it a shot and lost his traction the instant he hit the ice. Luckily, he fell on to the embankment or he would have had a very cold ride back to the car.

I don't even want to imagine what it will be like there this weekend after the snow melt and the forecasted rain the next two days. :(

Turbotrix

It was too muddy to ride there yesterday so I went through on foot. There's some really nice trail work going on at the park.

1speed

Rode Nocamixon last night for the first time since late autumn. There has been some new work done out there, a few more bridges and fortifications. It's almost overbuilt at this point, but the conditions last night were perfect (82 degrees at 6:30 pm probably played a role in that, too :D.)

I forgot how rocky it is in sections there. I actually chose to ride there because I f'ed up my left hand a week or so ago (think I probably fractured one of the small bones because I can feel something out of place and it hurts like hell every time I bump off a root or something.) As a result, I've tried to avoid riding Wiss since, so I figured a trip to Nocamixon would be a nice substitute, but there are actually a lot more rocks and roots there than I remembered. Not a ton of miles, but a few more connector trails than last year. I put it all together and had 11 miles before getting back to the car.

kingbobyjr

Rode Nocamixon last night for the first time since late autumn. There has been some new work done out there, a few more bridges and fortifications. It's almost overbuilt at this point, but the conditions last night were perfect (82 degrees at 6:30 pm probably played a role in that, too :D.)

I forgot how rocky it is in sections there. I actually chose to ride there because I f'ed up my left hand a week or so ago (think I probably fractured one of the small bones because I can feel something out of place and it hurts like hell every time I bump off a root or something.) As a result, I've tried to avoid riding Wiss since, so I figured a trip to Nocamixon would be a nice substitute, but there are actually a lot more rocks and roots there than I remembered. Not a ton of miles, but a few more connector trails than last year. I put it all together and had 11 miles before getting back to the car.

I haven't been out there since August of 2011. Seems like a lot has changed since I was there just by checking out their website, http://www.ridenox.com/

Time for me to make the trip. I remember Nox being quite fun. :D

Nice lyrics in your signature 1speed...Available Light by Rush...one of favs off of Presto. :)

Robin

I'm not that far from Nox and yet I've never ridden there...will hopefully get there sometime soon!

capedoc

Team MTBNJ Halter's
I'm not that far from Nox and yet I've never ridden there...will hopefully get there sometime soon!

Srsly? Nox is a hoot. Although You need to do 2 full laps of the whole park if you wan't to get in a full ride.

Rocks & Water

High Rocks

If you what more miles, High Rocks is not that far about 15 to 20 min. The part of Nockamixon that has most of the rocks is South Park, that really isn't that bad.

capedoc

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Probably going to head over tomorrow morning to do my race tuneup. Anyone have any insight on the conditions? My local trails in Lambertville were a total slop hole yesterday...

1speed

Probably going to head over tomorrow morning to do my race tuneup. Anyone have any insight on the conditions? My local trails in Lambertville were a total slop hole yesterday...

Eric - Nox is closed tomorrow until around 1:00 for a turkey hunt.

capedoc

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Washington xing yo

No way. That place sucks as a stand alone park. Unless you know something I don't know? I only Ride though there as part of my Water Co. > Greenway > Baldpate > Wash XC loop.
There's only a few trails that are actually fun, but not enough to warrant a 1.5 hour ride.

I'll just wait patiently until the turkey massacre is over or go to 6M.

Rocks & Water

Nocks

Nocks is still a little muddy in it's same places it is. South Park was still a little wet as a little bit in Stinger and Jaywalk.

Top Bottom