No one got hurt so its funny

clarkenstein

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
That is right were someone lost an ear last summer...

an ear???

what did the front wheel get stuck on? that's one thing about 6MR, there are lots of stories of crashes because the place is so buff, it's too easy to let your guard down on even the simplest of things.

jmanic

Staff member
JORBA.ORG
Team MTBNJ Halter's
an ear???

mike_tyson_ear_eater.jpg

jdog

Shop: Halter's Cycles
Shop Keep
This is a huge point of frustration for me.

Helmets work. Period.

I can't tell you how many times that customers have come in and thanked us for encouraging the wear a helmet after they had a wreck.

My stance is that your personal freedom to be an idiot does not apply here.

If you are carted out of the park in an ambulance, it will certainly draw unwanted scrutiny and attention to trail access.

I have no patience for this at all. Enjoy the park, have a blast. You are not welcome in the woods w/o a helmet.

Pearl

THIS CHANGES EVERYTHING
I think these type of trails with higher speed are scarier than ones with a lower speed and rocks. 10mph head first into a tree will not be a pretty sight

Dr Superb

Yea, someone did lose an ear there last year. I forget what thread that was in, but i remember the post it was nasty.

My line on the concrete bridge is to the left. i saw that new wooden thing on the right there last time and was sketched...

mike_243

JORBA.ORG
This is a huge point of frustration for me.

Helmets work. Period.

I can't tell you how many times that customers have come in and thanked us for encouraging the wear a helmet after they had a wreck.

My stance is that your personal freedom to be an idiot does not apply here.

If you are carted out of the park in an ambulance, it will certainly draw unwanted scrutiny and attention to trail access.

I have no patience for this at all. Enjoy the park, have a blast. You are not welcome in the woods w/o a helmet.

My thought as well once some one gets hurt being an idiot and starts to sue the state or the park system they in turn will close the park to riders or at least think about it.
BTW: the ear thing was nasty does anyone know how the dude made out??

Last edited:

Brian Snyder

JORBA "Roaming Gnome"
JORBA.ORG
We had one guy break his wrist on the other end of that bridge. Not one of my favorite spots @ 6mile.

jdog

Shop Keep
I am actually going to do some work on that section on sunday.

I have about a dozen bags of cement.

Anyone skilled with cement work??

aedubber

Depends , what you looking to do with it ? Build somewhat of a ramp style or just use the rocks there and try to make it a smoother entrance /exit ? Problem is I work on Sundays tho :/

jdog

Shop Keep
Depends , what you looking to do with it ? Build somewhat of a ramp style or just use the rocks there and try to make it a smoother entrance /exit ? Problem is I work on Sundays tho :/

Make a smoother entrance / hold the ends together so the don't get blown out in the next heavy rain.

aedubber

Best thing to prob build is like a handicap access for that .. Would need some plywood , cut into pie style lengths held together by 2x4s , also use a mesh in the cement to keep the concrete together from not cracking or breaking loose .. I would use the cement that has some rocks in it and not the super smooth stuff .. Basically you would build a ramp for it ..

But you can also use thick cement and make a smooth path for it with the existing rocks .

Top Bottom