No bear hunt

FatTaco

The Governor needs to sign a bill to eliminate the real problem species in this state, humans. We are such entitled assholes it makes me sick. Wipe out everything until it's nothing but Starbucks and strip mining.
This exactly. Makes me sick as well that there are so many SELF entitled asshole in NJ and most of them are in Union County. Sorry but true

jShort

2018 Fantasy Football Toilet Bowl Lead Technician
Team MTBNJ Halter's
The bears are a problem in the least populated areas of the state. And actually, they're more of a nuisance. They aren't attacking anyone, they're just dumping over garbage cans, making a mess and maybe a few incidents / issues with pets. They are coming closer to neighborhoods and people are freaking out.

The people complaining are usually the ones who have never had an unexpected run in while taking out the garbage or getting up early in the morning. I can almost guarantee that once that happens, you wont be protesting any hunts. You may not be out there with your shotgun, but i think your mindset would change and you;d be a little more tolerant.

And whats the difference between hunting deer and bear? Probably because 99% of drivers have had a close call or more with a deer so they know its an issue. If you're protesting bear hunts, you should be protesting deer hunts as well.

Monkey Soup

Angry Wanker
This exactly. Makes me sick as well that there are so many SELF entitled asshole in NJ and most of them are in Union County. Sorry but true

Do I think that we’re the architects of our own demise? Absolutely. At 7.5 billion and growing, something will eventually give. There’s no easy answer for that though.

In the meantime, we are in the unique situation where our states indigenous species have adapted quite successfully to our limited open space, and with no natural predators or other natural checks, are increasing their numbers at an unsustainable rate. You could let nature take its course and let the population crash, but in may not recover, or recover in an unhealthy manner. There is no moral high-road here, no matter what side your on. The state conservation scientists have made a call based on what the data they’ve gathered and the science is telling them, not based on people’s complaints or personal bias. They have a target number for harvest, and what the hunters don’t get, they will have to go out and do after the hunt.

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
without culling, take it past nuisance. There won't be one six mile bear, there will be multiple, and when they run out of garbage cans, they'll
go through screen doors, and show up during the daylight. Survival is a strong motivator - much more than being cautious.

Last bear in Branchburg got hit on 202 a couple days after it was spotted.

qclabrat

Do I think that we’re the architects of our own demise? Absolutely. At 7.5 billion and growing, something will eventually give. There’s no easy answer for that though.

In the meantime, we are in the unique situation where our states indigenous species have adapted quite successfully to our limited open space, and with no natural predators or other natural checks, are increasing their numbers at an unsustainable rate. You could let nature take its course and let the population crash, but in may not recover, or recover in an unhealthy manner. There is no moral high-road here, no matter what side your on. The state conservation scientists have made a call based on what the data they’ve gathered and the science is telling them, not based on people’s complaints or personal bias. They have a target number for harvest, and what the hunters don’t get, they will have to go out and do after the hunt.
Do you know if the state/towns publicly documents each bear killed?

Top Bottom