NJ NICA Recaps and Musings

Sven Migot

The only time I can make is the last shift on Sun (take down), but it's already full. Should I show up anyway? You might get some no shows due to the weather.
Is the race rain or shine? Weather for Sun looks wet.

KenS

JORBA: Director
JORBA.ORG
The only time I can make is the last shift on Sun (take down), but it's already full. Should I show up anyway? You might get some no shows due to the weather.
Is the race rain or shine? Weather for Sun looks wet.

It couldn’t hurt. Thank you Sven. We will be racing Sunday unless lightning comes around.

KenS

JORBA.ORG
Some reminders:

Try it Out and GRiT (Girls Riding Together) @ Six Mile Run (Jacques Lane Lot) on Saturday May 12th noon - 4. Free. Other TIO rides are on the schedule as well: newjerseymtb.org/tryitout

Race #4, Rowan College at Gloucester County: Sunday 5/20.

Sunday, June 3rd: Last race of the season @ Six Mile Run, Jacques Lane. We will be giving out our end-of-year awards at the podium ceremony, including the Christopher Schilling Memorial Award to the student who most closely embodied Chris' love for riding. Overcoming adversity with dignity and a smile. Grit and determination.

This forum contributed greatly to the Schilling Fund and we are proud to reward one of our students in memory of our friend Chris. Clear your schedule for Sunday afternoon and come celebrate with us.

KenS

JORBA.ORG
Are the TIO and GRT rides still on today?
yes =p

(Sorry, you posted too close to the event, hopefully you checked our social media updates and were able to make it out)

NICA GRiT (Girls Riding together) clinic pics:

20180512_134723.jpg

20180512_125754.jpg

ilnadi

Race #4 (previous race #5) in the books. Mother nature cooperated and 6MR was close being dry. I helped set the course for the first time, did roving marshal and got applauded crossing the finish 6 times, my 12-year-old posted a faster lap than me. It was an excellent day.

EDIT: can't believe I forgot to THANK @KenS, @jdog, the whole NICA crew. It was a smooth awesome day despite the fact that we lost parts of Saturday to weather and they were literally rebuilding parts of the trail Sunday morning.

@fidodie , here is most of your bike in action :cool:. It worked out great for him.
20180603_101552A.jpg

Last edited:

Matt_

I Get Jokes
@ilnadi nice seeing you yesterday!

JT and I had a great time as well. @KenS and crew did a great job.... especially @jdog moving a mountains worth of dirt!

My volunteer priority for next weekend is cancelled (hope you get better soon @mike_243 ), so i just volunteered for a sweeper shift at the next NICA race. Looking forward to seeing everyone again!

WJF

Here are some photos from Sunday's Quick, Slick Six race at 6 Mile Run. Enjoyed being a stationary race marshal at marshal point 5 on the Red trail, watched the racers drop in on the stream crossing and hammer up the opposite side.
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member

Mtbdog

Marshall point 4 here and it was great watching the kids do a off camber corner where white and red meet. Full lock slides were the best! Great photos @WJF!

Matt_

I Get Jokes
I feel like we need an mtbnj secret handshake or jingle or something so I know when someone's from the board.

I vote for doing @Mitch 's mating call "whoop whoop"

......Or maybe I'll just wear my mtbnj socks this sunday. JORBA sock on the left, mtbnj on the right haha

ekuhn

Behind the ball of the Slick Six, but as the official waterboy of the event, it was great to meet and see new and old faces. Great event and great work by @jdog and @WJF getting it prepped. That varsity kid was fast!

Top Bottom