NJ Mountain Bike Festival AKA JORBA Jam

tommyjay

Not-So-Venerable Asshat
I'll have 7 & 9 in tow. Both have ridden six mile on 20" geared bikes.

Both have strong skills, but 7 is still building confidence on scary looking sections.

KenS

JORBA: Director
JORBA.ORG
I'll have 7 & 9 in tow. Both have ridden six mile on 20" geared bikes.

Both have strong skills, but 7 is still building confidence on scary looking sections.

Sounds like a candidate for the younger group in the NICA-style ride.

MadisonDan

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Thanks @KenS
I'll bring Will to the 11am NICA ride then.

Ken is right about the confidence when around other kids vs being with just dad. Will did way better on the trail at Jungle last year that I would have expected since he was following other kids, and not me. I just hung in the back.

KenS

JORBA: Director
JORBA.ORG
Thanks @KenS
I'll bring Will to the 11am NICA ride then.

Ken is right about the confidence when around other kids vs being with just dad. Will did way better on the trail at Jungle last year that I would have expected since he was following other kids, and not me. I just hung in the back.

Right on. Dillon V took my son and about 15 other kids through Jungle when he was 6 or so. He had never really ridden anything as rocky before and he absolutely loved it. Soon after he did all of Wharthog and a few other trails. They are sponges for knowledge and mostly fearless at that age.

jmanic

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
Staff member
JORBA.ORG
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Trying to not sound like a kill-joy...but alcohol is prohibited at Ringwood. Enjoy the trails have a good time, be responsible. See use there:)
IMG_8462.JPG

SSmtbr

Looking forward to tomorrow! Haven't had a chance to meet many of you in the past but hopefully can put some faces to names and not be as much of a lurker anymore. Ill be in a red/blue plaid jersey doing the ss for Schilling ride for sure on top of everything else in addition tomorrow.

mattybfat

The Opinion Police
Team MTBNJ Halter's
To save a back search can I get and update schedule. Need to know what ride I am doing. Fat or SS. Things like that. I am that guy.

mattybfat

The Opinion Police
Team MTBNJ Halter's
@mattybfat
I'm riding the Schilling 9:30 ride and the 11:00 Skylands.

Maybe bringing boh SS and geared.

http://njmountainbikefestival.com/
I will not make 9:30 ride as I need to do brake job on my van. It would of been done but shity ford uses a 7mm Allen which is not in my collection. Notice 7mm doesn't come in any MM set because it's retarded like Ford. Reminds me of a bike brand that shall not be named.

pooriggy

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Good seeing everyone today. Great day, great people. Keep on riding.

Single Speed for Schilling ride, I deferred to Luke, who knows the park better then I. The start was rough, but it's Ringwood...rocks are everywhere. We split up about an hour in, which helped the flow. Here is the group that did the extended tour, which included white (downhill).
20171001_183828.jpg

Top Bottom