Juggernaut

Master of the Metaphor
buy as much as you can fit in the car...:D

Hmmmm.
7A8A5F76-9519-4D64-A96B-DA6E0269BFA8-23507-00001DE509AAEBC8.jpeg

michael.su

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
Looks like some awesome outdoor sleeping weather in the forecast for Sat night! Stoked to camp at Ringwood!

MadisonDan

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Hey @Team Town Cycle Did the schedule change? Was there an 11;30 kids ride that's not on the schedule anymore? Was gonna bring my son for the 11:30 and 1:30 ride.
He's prolly too young for Kathy's beginner ride, too old for the little kid ride, and not NICA age yet.

oobaa47

Hey @Team Town Cycle Did the schedule change? Was there an 11;30 kids ride that's not on the schedule anymore? Was gonna bring my son for the 11:30 and 1:30 ride.
He's prolly too young for Kathy's beginner ride, too old for the little kid ride, and not NICA age yet.
Same here Dan, trying to fit in stopping by between all the other kiddy activities going on in my life......I was eyeing up that 1130 ride as well.......any other group ride suggestions for a just turned 9 year old? She's really only ridden on fireroads before, so most of the singletrack is out......but she is too old for kiddy ride but probably couldnt handle the nica ride....

MadisonDan

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Same here Dan, trying to fit in stopping by between all the other kiddy activities going on in my life......I was eyeing up that 1130 ride as well.......any other group ride suggestions for a just turned 9 year old? She's really only ridden on fireroads before, so most of the singletrack is out......but she is too old for kiddy ride but probably couldnt handle the nica ride....
He's 9 also... a few trips to Six Mile under his belt, on a 24" bike. Let's see if there's any more feedback..
@michael.su @KenS

KenS

JORBA: Director
JORBA.ORG
He's 9 also... a few trips to Six Mile under his belt, on a 24" bike. Let's see if there's any more feedback..
@michael.su @KenS

I just sent JORBA central a text asking about the schedule change, ill get back to you. That being said, the NICA-aged ride is not a hard-and-fast age zone requirement. It is a JORBA ride led by NICA folk, so if you want to take a 9 year old along who is capable, and sign a JORBA waiver for parent and child, I see no issues.

KenS

JORBA: Director
JORBA.ORG
The schedule change was due to the conflict/overlap with the NICA-aged kids ride. We will split the ride into ability based groups. As mentioned, don't get hung up on the min/maxing of ages for the fest rides. We will split the groups based on abilities and pull in more ride leaders as needed.

@oobaa47 you would be amazed at how well kids do on rocky ST when they are riding with other kids in a controlled/fun/no pressure environment, especially when mom and/or dad are way in the back of the group or not even there. We had some really new riders on the MTBNJ short track course at Cranks Around the Campfire this year, and they did incredibly well.

Top Bottom