NICA race

mattybfat

The Opinion Police
Team MTBNJ Halter's
This is a serious question.
Why did NJ decide to go with a spring series vs the fall series like Pa.?

Seems to me that training kids before the series race season in summer and better chance of conditions in fall would be much better option.

Not criticism just curious.

Mountain Bike Mike

Seems to me that training kids before the series race season in summer and better chance of conditions in fall would be much better option.

I thought the same thing... When PA started theirs, I was liking the idea of a fall season. When I heard the NJ season was spring, I was confused and wondering why NJ didn't follow PA's model.

I think some of my issues with it was conflicting with Baseball season and my MTB race season. discount that, the weather and preseason training are valid concerns.

MadisonDan

Team MTBNJ Halter's
New York is also a spring league. Fall has a very robust cyclocross calendar. That's all I got.

Steve Vai

Endurance Guy: Tolerates most of us.

When I originally heard of NICA I thought it was a Summer series while the kids were off from school. Nice weather. That kinda thing. Although after making the kids line up at Short Track in single digits this does feel pretty Summerish so there's a positive? I'm trying to be optimistic I swear but my CON list has gotten pretty long for an already hard sell to the boy.

MadisonDan

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Wouldn't ever be in the summer. In other states, a lot of the teams are actually school based, as in a club level sport, or in many cases actual school teams like the traditional sports. Stick it out. Will be worth it.

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
I thought the same thing... When PA started theirs, I was liking the idea of a fall season. When I heard the NJ season was spring, I was confused and wondering why NJ didn't follow PA's model.

I think some of my issues with it was conflicting with Baseball season and my MTB race season. discount that, the weather and preseason training are valid concerns.
Aren't these same questions asked of why the regional race season for MTB's is over in August?

JDurk

Aren't these same questions asked of why the regional race season for MTB's is over in August?

I recall this being discussed at the MASS race promoter meeting a few years ago to try and not overlap with CX season too much. MASS series finals used to be in mid/late September.

MadisonDan

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Bumpity bump bump!!!!

Ok... Let's try this again. The first race is this coming Sunday, April 23rd. Yes.. same day as the greatest race in the H2H series, MTBNJ's own Mooch Madness.
So, if you're not racing/helping out at Mooch.... volunteer for these kids in Chester at Wild West Chester.
We need peeps for Sunday.
Most needed: Morning parking, course marshal's, and scoring assistants.

https://signup.com/mobileweb/2.0/vspot.html?activitykey=104640064000#choose_event_page

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions