Newbie loop(s) reco

rick81721

Lothar
Gonna be a few miles away hunting this saturday morning so plan to stop in for a ride afterwards. Our hunting property is on Alphano road northeast of 46. Can someone reco a place to park and a good loop for a less than one year experienced moutain biker? thanks

PS will there be hunters in there as well??

Approximately 400+/- yards west of Mattar's Restaurant on Rt. 517, you will see Deer Park Road on the left (Note: There is a brick house on the corner). Follow this down until you run into a parking lot with a Kiosk and outhouse. This is the "lower" lot for Deer Park.

These trails are pretty well marked. You can take follow the outer "White" loop for an 8-9 mile ride. If you have a smartphone, download Maprika....it has a recent map uploaded with some of the unmarked trails as well. You can't get lost with Maprika here.

Not exactly sure what my Saturday looks like just yet. If I can, I can show you around. Will PM you later in the week.

Oh....yes....there WILL be hunters here on Saturday.

Approximately 400+/- yards west of Mattar's Restaurant on Rt. 517, you will see Deer Park Road on the left (Note: There is a brick house on the corner). Follow this down until you run into a parking lot with a Kiosk and outhouse. This is the "lower" lot for Deer Park.

These trails are pretty well marked. You can take follow the outer "White" loop for an 8-9 mile ride. If you have a smartphone, download Maprika....it has a recent map uploaded with some of the unmarked trails as well. You can't get lost with Maprika here.

Not exactly sure what my Saturday looks like just yet. If I can, I can show you around. Will PM you later in the week.

Oh....yes....there WILL be hunters here on Saturday.

Thanks Reggie - I should be done "hunting" (more like hiking with a shotgun without a dog) by 11 am. So I guess camo off and orange blaze on.

Not shotgun for deer yet so you will be fine. Either way I wouldn't worry about them unless you wear antlers and have a bushy white tail... Just know that DP is begginer friendly but has a lot more elevation then the southern parks...

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions

Trail Conditions not available
Back
Top Bottom