Newbie from forked river

yanmar

51 y.o. over weight and outta shape getting back into cycling . I will be trying to get hooked up with some beginners at central and south jersey locations to try to get my lungs and legs in shape . I just picked up a specialized fuse comp 6 fattie . Thanks Dennis

hi there, congrats on the new ride, how you like the plus size?
post up where you ride, I'm sure there's lots of folks here more than happy to give you a tour

Allaire is 30 or so minutes north of Forked River, very trail friendly, and lots of fun. There is always someone in the lot and I am sure they can point you in the right direction if you have any questions. In the spring through summer JORBA does a great beginner ride one night a week as well that can help you figure out some good loops through the park.

Welcome! Try Jakes Branch Co. Park in Beachwood. We ride there quite a bit over the winter.

Barnegat Branch Trail is a great place to get back into spinning two wheels close to home

Welcome! A few questions. Please esplain how Forked has two syllables. And where is this so-called fork? And does Fork also have two syllables? If so please share the correct pronunshumiation.

The more I say syllable the weirder it sounds. I like that.

Welcome aboard, as it has already been said we have beginner rides at Allaire starting in the spring.
If you have a smart phone you might want to get the maprika app this is a gps enabled app that has quite a few parks mapped out in fact you can get the latest Allaire map.
We are most likely having a new years day Allaire ride so stay tuned...
BTW when I had an antique shop down there I was corrected that is Fork'd River not sure why.

Thanks for the warm welcomes . I will take delivery Saturday on the bike so will post an opinion when I get some good seat time . I will try Jakes Branch as it is close to home . I happen to work on some Yanmars and they are good engines , plus it's an easy username never been denied . People here pronounce it fork / ed river , not like I got forked . Not sure about the whole Forked River thing but there are a few roads with a fork in them and in some cases I made the wrong decision !!!!!

Jakes is pretty easy to figure out. Ride the Blue and Yellow trail in both directions. If you see 2 old fools on Fat Bikes in a Blue Ford F150 with a cap on it say hello. We would be happy to ride the trails with you to show you around. As Mike said the Maprika app is wonderful and there is a Jakes map on it also. The Allaire rides are great fun in the spring/summer, a good way to learn that park, and a wonderful group of people.
Ed and Pat Gifford

So Allaire is no good till the ground gets hard frozen like 6mr? not that I ride Allaire much, but good to get the word out, cause knowledge is power
knowledge_is_power_rectangle_magnet.jpg

it is not a good idea to ride any park when they are wet.
That said Allaire seems to recover quicker then other parks and of course if we have not had any rain then it is fine.
In the summer months there is a fair amount of sand but once it gets cold all that firms up.

Allaire drains well until the ground is frozen and does well under most conditions.The crew does an amazing job and puts in a LOT of hard work during the spring,summer and fall. That being said it doesn't make sense to ride it under conditions that will erode or "rut up" the trails. Allaire gets a lot of use on weekends all winter long. If in doubt of the condition, before taking the drive ,post up, I'm sure someone will reply.

Mike beat me to the draw but thats the guy to ask if you want to know Allaire Conditions.

Welcome! A few questions. Please esplain how Forked has two syllables. And where is this so-called fork? And does Fork also have two syllables? If so please share the correct pronunshumiation.

The more I say syllable the weirder it sounds. I like that.

FR has three river branches - North, Middle and South that forms the so called Forked River.
I have explain to people that I have a house on the middle fork of a forked river, and locally it is pronounced with forked tongue.

51 y.o. over weight and outta shape getting back into cycling . I will be trying to get hooked up with some beginners at central and south jersey locations to try to get my lungs and legs in shape . I just picked up a specialized fuse comp 6 fattie . Thanks Dennis

I'm up in Freehold and ride Allaire often. I only live 15 minutes away. Shoot me a message if you want to meet up. I'll show you around and ride at whatever pace you're comfortable with.

Back
Top Bottom