New Trail?

Mike679

So I was coming down the white trail earlier today (the downhill section coming back from the lake, towards the lot, specifically), and there was a new trail on the left that looked to have been cleared recently. When I say trail, it was more like a single lane road, like wide enough to fit a car, and there was deadfall on either side, lining the trail, almost like a curb, as far as I could see. I started to check it out but bailed after a couple of hundred feet due to time constraints, but it seemed kind of odd to me. It appears that it had mtbing in mind as the trees that were laying across the trail were all ramped over with logs/sticks/etc.

Anyone know the deal with this and where it goes?

mntal

We saw this yesterday as well - it is like a superhighway. Followed it up the large hill and it dead ends 1/2 way up. Later determined that it might have been started to connect with another trail which already runs to the top of the same hill (and is currently a mess w/ uncleared trees). I don't know the park well hence my vague description. If it would ultimately connect it would be a nice downhill, but I wonder if this is illegal trail building.

bonefishjake

Strong like bull, smart like tractor
Team MTBNJ Halter's
yep, it's been there for a while. it's horrendous and doesn't go anywhere.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions

Trail Conditions not available
Top Bottom