New trail closures..for mountain bikes

CrankAddictRich

c) There was motion in play to close the Northern Loop, across from Sunrise Lake (and you have to admit, it's a crappy trail..full of loose rubble and siltation) but I indicated that they shouldn't close it until a master plan is developed (more on that later)

I rode Lew-Mor today for the first time... well just a little bit of it. We parked off just off Patriot's Path on Sussex Ave and rode down to Lewis Morris. I did the Northern Loop and I enjoyed it, but my MTB experience is limited. If you say that its not up to par with the rest of the park, then I definitely need to hit the rest of the park and explore. For sure, the lower portion of the climb had some rubble, but the fatty gobbled it up and I had fun navigating the steeper, rooty stuff at the top. I could see how the rubble section might not be as much fun on a smaller tire, traditional mountain bike.

stilluf

I rode Lew-Mor today for the first time... well just a little bit of it. We parked off just off Patriot's Path on Sussex Ave and rode down to Lewis Morris. I did the Northern Loop and I enjoyed it, but my MTB experience is limited. If you say that its not up to par with the rest of the park, then I definitely need to hit the rest of the park and explore. For sure, the lower portion of the climb had some rubble, but the fatty gobbled it up and I had fun navigating the steeper, rooty stuff at the top. I could see how the rubble section might not be as much fun on a smaller tire, traditional mountain bike.

Yeah the rest of the park is NOT like the Northern Loop. Much better, more fun MTB experience. You'll def enjoy it.

MadisonDan

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Agree 100% with @stilluf
Northern Loop is the only part of the park like that. You'll have a blast on the fattie on the other side of the road.

jumpa

northern loop is prob the most boring part of that park but usually the first trail tried by newer riders since its so easy to access from the road.

if you ever need a tour hit me up

CrankAddictRich

northern loop is prob the most boring part of that park but usually the first trail tried by newer riders since its so easy to access from the road.

if you ever need a tour hit me up

Wish I had remembered this offer for the tour... I hit the park with a buddy today and we got a little lost, and eventually found our way back in the right direction. still had fun though. The yellow trail is awesome.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions