new to the forum

02camaro

Hello everyone, been lurking around for a while now but finally decided to make a account. Found this forum useful for a number of things so far and I can see it being helpful in the future as well.

A bit about me, I just got into riding in the past 6 months using it as an outlet to get in better shape as well as enjoy the outdoors, plus I sold one of my project cars for a massive profit and needed to spend the money on something. Either way, I am fully addicted and now have 3 bikes, a 2013 Yeti sb95, 2015 Giant defy 2, and a KHS sj200. Since I am a tinkerer and well versed in car repair and customizing, I do all my own work and mods, its been a learning curve but im already starting to amass a collection of used/broken parts. Ive upgraded the bars, grips, cassette, hubs, wheels, dropper post, new brakes, tires, and more on the Yeti and other misc items on the other two.

Currently been averaging about 50 miles a week when both road and trail. I work a rotating schedule so its tough some weeks to get the miles up. Would like to be around 100 just for a fitness aspect.

Last edited:

02camaro

Some pictures

Attachments

• 20170504_152714.jpg
    20170504_152714.jpg
    83.8 KB · Views: 141
  • 20170421_152726.jpg
    20170421_152726.jpg
    81 KB · Views: 147
  • 20170421_122931.jpg
    20170421_122931.jpg
    83.9 KB · Views: 146

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
Welcome! See you on the trails.

Watch for some advertised group rides here, or on meetup.com

mattybfat

The Opinion Police
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Shit son that's jumping in
Get up to mooch trails soon.
Mtb is your oyster right now
Welcome

UtahJoe

Team Workhorse
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Welcome!

I like your bike stand!....you will fit in well around here....We are mostly car people...but since that is expensive and can make you fat we ride bikes too. What @rlb said...nevermind the bike pics....71 camaro? Split bumper? Im a mustang owner and I love those.

02camaro

Thanks alot for the warm welcome.

Here's my real love. 71 full bumper camaro, Ls3 from a 13 corvette, 6 speed manual trans, Moser Ford 9 in rear. Runs 11.6 for those who were wondering. And she gets driven. You might see it in the the lot when I get a SeaSucker.

The iroc shown funded my bike endeavors, I also have a 02 camaro (shown in orange orange) I daily during the summer and a 03 blazer for winter duty

I intended on fabing up a bike stand from scratch but you know how the China men work. I got that bike stand for 30 bucks next day Amazon prime and just c clamped the sucker to the lift when I need it. Works like a charm.

But yes my bike cherry has officially broken and can't be corked!

Attachments

• 20170306_123817.jpg
    20170306_123817.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 124
  • 20170301_105402.jpg
    20170301_105402.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 130
  • IMG_20160923_183042.jpg
    IMG_20160923_183042.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 121
Last edited:

mike_243

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
Welcome aboard nice car dude..... the 71 I mean that was a good body style almost Mach-5 looking...

rlb

Nice fleet. I always loved the 3rd gens. I had an 85 Z28, 84 Firebird and an 86 Trans AM. The birds were pretty much total shit boxes that I didn't have too long. However the Z28 wasn't so bad, I drove it for a long time with a cammed 350, stock TBI heads, an untuned Edelbrock 650 and some clapped together headers. I worked at an auto parts store so I had a cheap supply line. I also knew just enough to put it together and gas was $1 so I had no incentive to make it run well. I also drove it with an expired sticker for several years, but I got nabbed 2x in a month so I wound up getting rid of it for something that was a little more reliable. To be young and dumb again!

mattsrabbit

Heya folks, Brooklyn based cyclist, new to the forum and new to MTB as well. Primarily race Cross, but after my coach realized how miserable off season road races are for me he is giving me the big thumbs up to give Mountain Bike Racing a shot (XC?). Just wanted to say a big hello to all.

qclabrat

Heya folks, Brooklyn based cyclist, new to the forum and new to MTB as well. Primarily race Cross, but after my coach realized how miserable off season road races are for me he is giving me the big thumbs up to give Mountain Bike Racing a shot (XC?). Just wanted to say a big hello to all.
Welcome Matt, start your own thread, you'll get more responses that way
lots of CX riders here and even a few riders from SI and BK, but don't recall any from Bronx or Queens doe

Top Bottom