New to Racing

Dave Taylor

Rex kwan Do
ugh, i hate running! will be riding my 29er, though i am also "fat-bike" race curious!
These are great races to get started with. It’s 40 min so jist go as hard as u can and blow up. The whole h2h series is great as well. If u get endurance curious there will be several local races to test the waters...iron furnace, erie, bearscat, cathedral pines etc.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
jumping into this thread here as well, as i'm "racing curious" and have added, "enter a MTB race before i turn 50" on my 50 things before i turn 50 list (i turn 49 this year).

anyway, i've never raced, ever, but i've been riding MTB for a long long time...Silly Sport or Beginner?

Is this Joe C?

pygmypony

Then his question should be, sport or expert. He’s a beginner as much as I’m a stunt double for Kate Moss.

thanks guys! i've registered for Silly Sport but i'm not against trying expert for the hell of it.

i will bring my fat bike too, so i might give that a go too!

looking foward to it! and thanks to @shackraj for the original post! sorry i hi-jacked your thread!

shackraj

New question (since it pertains to the Dave's Not Here race :)) Are dogs (on a leash of course) allowed on premises?

shackraj

And thank you all for the guidance! I signed up for The Begginers coming up this Sunday - Starting up at 9am (I hope to make it there on time)

shackraj

More questions! Sorry, they come to mind randomly... Clipped? or not? - I know there's a level of personal preference here but wondering what the general sense is... thanks!

qclabrat

More questions! Sorry, they come to mind randomly... Clipped? or not? - I know there's a level of personal preference here but wondering what the general sense is... thanks!
whatever you're more comfortable with, where do you like to ride?
The BSA course at Mooch isn't terribly technical.

shrpshtr325

Infinite Source of Sarcasm
Team MTBNJ Halter's
id venture most guys outside of beginner are going to be clipped in, i have no evidence to back this up, do what you are comfortable on

Top Bottom