New to Racing

MissJR

not in the mood for your shenanigans
Team MTBNJ Halter's
More questions! Sorry, they come to mind randomly... Clipped? or not? - I know there's a level of personal preference here but wondering what the general sense is... thanks!

Whatever you're comfortable with.

I ride both in off season... Most of the time for races I'll be clipped in tho... Once in a while I'll do flats for a techy race.

shackraj

whatever you're more comfortable with, where do you like to ride?
The BSA course at Mooch isn't terribly technical.
I usually ride road - haven't been on trails in like 2YRs - Will come clipped in as I don't want to have to deal with slipping feet due to mud (assuming it is going to rain/snow tonight) brrr... thanks for the tips!

Victor I

aka Ridgehog
Welcome. I’m new to racing as well. Maybe I’ll see you at a race this year. I’ll be the one sweeping. Enjoy

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
tenor (12).gif

Victor I

aka Ridgehog
Welcome, not sure that we will be able to see any race this year, the virus you know?!
I came in 2nd at Mooch Madness last year in my age group/category. I’m not a racer, but was a great experience. MTBNJ definitely knows how to put on an event👍🏻. This year I noticed people on Strava competing more for trophies and KOMs. I myself have been doing this but try to do it when the trails aren’t busy. I’m now going to slow down for the fall and winter to focus more on tech and features. Enjoy.

Top Bottom